South Yorkshire

nicko

Hi, I'm not sure if this is OK, but here goes....

Is anyone in the South Yorkshire and North Derbyshire area interested in an informal local meet?

My idea is just to pick a day/evening each month, meet at a convenient place (Pub) for a chat etc. or even a run out.

I don't want this to be a formal thing, just an excuse to drive my Hood and meet like minded people.

If anyone has any suggestions for a venue please post a reply. I was thinking of maybe a Wednesday evening, or even a Sunday afternoon/evening.

Nick (Based near Junction 31, M1)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry Sue, I don't want to do the area sec thing, I haven't got the time. :( But If someone else wants to do it, then I'll support them when I can. :D

Moorlands sounds ok, If we don't get any other ideas, I'll go and ask if they'd be ok with it.

If anyone else wants to check it out, here's the details. (It's a Brewers Fayre :drinks: )

Moorlands

Owler Bar

Sheffield

S17 3BQ

Tel: 0114 2620189

Nick

sounds like a good plan, i've thought about suggesting something similar, but i work shifts so i can't really organise a regular meet because i never know what i'll be working! I'd defiantely attend any meet when i am not working tho.

A south yorkshire area would be good, seems a long way to the nottingham or leeds boys. What would be involved in being area sec?

Guest Bob's Babe

Area sec is about putting in as much or as little as you have time for. :)

Initially it means your name and number go at the top of the area list each member in your area gets, so you are like another point of contact for anyone that needs to ask questions.......not sure how many calls you would get.....As chairman Tim probably gets a couple a week on average, ;)

Then we might ask you to write a piece for a mag once a year.....this can be about your monthly meet, anywhere you have been or any car work you have done.....but then we ask this of anyone doing anything that they think other members might find interesting or get a laugh out of. :rolleyes:

Give Tim or me a ring if you want to chat about it...PM me for the number

SUE :wub:

Well done Grim, another area sec,

I work shifts too, we have a area meet once a month,i missed last months but it was still well attended, put in as much as you want, organise a few runs,

call on fellow builders.

put builders in touch with nearby builders so the can help each other.

go on, you know you want to,

Mitch

Well, i walked into that didn't i? :o Hehe, only joking! Yeah, i'll do area sec stuff, unless we have anoy other volunteers for a south yorkshire / north derbyshire thing? What about CMA? Don't you want to do it?

Well, it's looking good so far.... 7 people to attend and 2 venues (and poss an area sec!!!)

I'm going to Fox House tomorrow with the Wife (Her Birthday) so I'll check it out.

I gave my number to a guy at Newark, who is local to me, who is still building. I can't remember his name tho'. If you look on here, give me a ring.

Nick

Hi all,

Was talking to Grim yesterday (thanks for calling round Andy) and we decided that either the first Wednesday or the first Sunday of the month would be good.

So if anyone is interested, and the weather's not too bad (Been out in the rain tonight!!) I'll be going to Fox House, 7:30ish, next Wednesday (04/07/07)

I've not asked if the Fox House people mind, or if they've got anything else on, so we'll have to suck it and see.

The Fox House is on the A625 at the junction of the B6055, basically follow Ecclesall Road out of Sheffield and it's on your right before the turning for Grindleford.

Or.. You can get there via Owler Bar, and follow the B6054, then the B6055.

Try http://www.innkeeperslodge.com/lodgedetail.asp?lid=49

Nick