C Spanner For Gaz Coil Overs

baj25

My nice new Gaz coil overs just arrived from Dampertech but there is no C spanner with them (a bit stingy). I know from my bikes that there are different sizes of C spanner, so does anyone know what size will fit these? I suppose I could make one- anyone done this, any ideas/ suggestions? Brian

There's 2 types as far as I know, and it depends what size your springs are. I can't remember the sizes exactly, but it's something like 1.9 and 2.25.

I agree, very stingy of Dampertech - I didn't get one either <_< You can get them for about £5 from a show though.

Guest Dan_Beeston

I bought a cheapy c-spanner for my AVO's (~£4) that turned out to be too big, so cut lots of slits from the inside egde or the arc to almost the outside edge with a hacksaw, then bent it to close up the slits and reduce the radius of curvature, then welded all the slits up........

Sounds complicated but it only took 20mins and seems to work OK :)

Guest salty_monk

Get a length of steel (or Ally if the nut is ally & you don't want to mark it) & cut a U shape in the end of it with a hacksaw or grinder!

I believe it is 52mm across flats.

Dan :)

Guest Paul Morgan

I've got a 2.25 dia one you can borrow, can bring to NW meet tomorrow if you want. It came in the box with my shocks, phone dampertech and ask them if there should have been one in the box.

Paul

Thanks for the offers Dave and Paul. Mine are 1.9s so I don't think that yours (Paul) will fit. If you (Dave) are at the NW meet (not going to B'Pool) perhaps I could try yours? Must remember to bring your SWA meter back as well. Cheers, Brian