Zetec Progres

stevedohc2b

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chris brown

Great was there anything else other than the map they supplied just didn’t work as like Nigel I don’t see how a leaking exhaust would put it that far out. Yes the lambda would be wrong but it still should have run IMHO

Ditto, brilliant.:yahoo: You might find it seems less lively to drive as the power is spread all through the rev range and you don't notice it coming on cam and getting excited. It's only when you glance at the speedo you think, 'Gordon Bennett, it is a bit swift.'

Nigel

Ditto, brilliant.:yahoo: You might find it seems less lively to drive as the power is spread all through the rev range and you don't notice it coming on cam and getting excited. It's only when you glance at the speedo you think, 'Gordon Bennett, it is a bit swift.'

Nigel

Yes I do agree I did have a Gordon moment I will try the original map back in soon and fill in the pedal box as when the rad fan cut in in traffic I nearly roasted my nuts. The old 8 v is still a very good engine with loads of torque. This is totally different car now.

Stephen

Great was there anything else other than the map they supplied just didn’t work as like Nigel I don’t see how a leaking exhaust would put it that far out. Yes the lambda would be wrong but it still should have run IMHO

Chris it did run just sounded rough and spilled water( all my fault ) the plugs were so sooty I thought that they may be f*cked as talking to Richard hall he mentioned it is easy to damage the fancy new type.

Stephen

hi stephen

glad you have sorted it .

re the lack of servo ,it does make your ass twitch the first few times.

my probs seem to continue, in that the xflow will start and run resnobly well till big boot added to pedle.

it then floods out.and farts till it stops.resulting in a long wait till it dries out,brill big flames out e/x though.

regards graham