Stupid Idiotic Fool

Al Milton

Just been overtaken on my way back to work by the 'typical' white van man. He came steaming up my a*** in a 50 limit, (I was doing just under 50, honest sir!!), when I noticed some flailing going on in the cab through my interior mirror.

A quick glance showed that the idiot driver was taking his jumper (or equivalent) off, while his mate presumably steered the van while it overtook me!! Unfortunately I didn't remember his number plate by the time I got to work.

What the hell is happening to driving standards and common sense these days? What will the guy do next week, have a game of cards or watch telly while driving?

Sorry if any of you drive white vans, but this was just sheer loonacy.

Right, had my rant, back to work now.

Al

You were obviously getting in his way and therefore causing him to overheat on his way to the pie shop. That's why he had to take his jumper off. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, like you, acts like this really make you wonder these days eh?

I'm sure Enforcer will be along soon with some wise words. :hi:

i was behind a tractor once and the car behind me decided to 'overtake' by going into a long layby that has 2 entrances and effectively undertake us both. This was then made worse by the guy behind him who decided to overtake me and the tractor on the road over the blind summit. The 2 cars literally had to slot into place infront of the tractor as neither was suspecting the other to be there and the car coming the other way was not best pleased and narrowly avoided a head on collision. about 5secs later the tractor indicated and turned off the road anyway. so the stupid idiots gained about 5 secs and risked killing at least 3 people.

they are lucky i dont run the country as iam all for public flogging on a saturday, maybe a sore bottom would knock some sense into some people...

Daily floggings and public executions. What an election manifesto, if only........

Maybe the political correctness brigade would rather us law abiding citizens keep off the road so as not infringe on an idiot's human right to potentially cause accidents and mayhem!

Al

ok so wot about the idiot car drivers that wanted to pass me tonight as t took kit and a young lady out to my wifes browine camp. had atleast 5 pass me on blind summits or bends as i happly drove along in my blue transit van at 45 mph

Guest erichetherington

Hold on Phil, am I missing something here? Young lady to wifes brownie camp? Does the wife know about this or was it a suprise to her as well?

My employers send all new recruits for a three hour driving assessment. I had mine on Tuesday. As we turned left out onto a rural dual carriageway we saw a white van reversing back up the hard shoulder towards us at speed. The examiner had a fit!

Anyway, I passed and it was suggested I would be able to join the Istitute of advanced motorists with very little difficulty. Any of you guys joined? What are the benefits?

Guest Jabberwocky
My employers send all new recruits for a three hour driving assessment. I had mine on Tuesday. As we turned left out onto a rural dual carriageway we saw a white van reversing back up the hard shoulder towards us at speed. The examiner had a fit!

Anyway, I passed and it was suggested I would be able to join the Istitute of advanced motorists with very little difficulty. Any of you guys joined? What are the benefits?

Cheaper insurance

Guest Alan_builder
ok so wot about the idiot car drivers that wanted to pass me tonight as t took kit and a young lady out to my wifes browine camp. had atleast 5 pass me on blind summits or bends as i happly drove along in my blue transit van at 45 mph

...and I thought all transit vans were white.

Obviously this was in a 30 MPH zone to maintain the transit van driving standard. (sorry but I couldn't resist).

Back to the driving point, would they drive the same if there was no fully comp insurance, bend it and it's gone and also your assetts are uesd to pay the other guy?

I :wub: my :rhsc: