Petrol Strimmer

Mat-Moo

I was given a petrol strimmer a few years back, but hardly ever use it as teh damn thing takes 30 mins to get going. I've checked the spark etc. and it all seems ok, and I've been adding pertol/oil at the correct ratio (I think) - Any ideas what I can do to get this thing working much better?

To start mine I put it on full choke and full throttle then pull it untill it starts spluttering, then put the choke to half, full throttle and off it goes.

This was in the instruction manual and it's always worked.

just doing the same thing today. My strimmer will run for a while then start to splutter. seems to be due to air bubbles in the fuel pipe when the fuel gets low, as long as the tank is fuel i dont have the problem. hth

My chainsaw is used pretty infrequently and as a result can be a bit of a bu99er to start. What I do to get it going is take the plug out and give it wipe on a rag to get rid of any residual oil and then give it a good warm up with a blowlamp. Stick it back in while it's still hot and it starts after a couple pulls. I suppost a gas hob would be a bit easier but as I don't have one the blowlamp has to suffice.

Another tip with two stroke garden tools is to empty the fuel tank when you've finished with them and then start them up and run them at idle until they run completely out of fuel, otherwise the petrol in the fuel system evaporates leaving just the two stroke oil and this can make starting them more difficult later.

Guest mower man

HI you have all the answers .I work on the b******d's and have used all those mentioned sometimes the best cure is to hit the thing with a BIG HAMMER and throw it in the skip and buy anew one but this is not always possible if the boss is looking. Patience sometimes works have faith.Good luck MOWERMAN