Newark Show

Mitch

I'm hoping to make it to the Newark show, unfortunately not in my Hoodie - next year. I'll be coming with a list of bits I need and the Passat to get them back to Scotland.

Is the Auto jumble usually quite good? And if I need new side panels for my 2b would I be best to order them in advance, I've got mild steel ones that are at the shot blasters. He's had them since August last year and I can't really remember how useable I thought they would be :huh: .

Will I be able to use the camping even though I'll be in my Passat? So far youngest son can't be presuaded that a night in the tent is equivalent to his big brother getting to go to the (Fantastic) Classic Car Show in Shetland several years ago .

would think if you want any think like side panels it would be best to gove richard a ring at GBS so he can bring them with him

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI Angus,

if your camping over, then yes you can enter through the trade/kitcar entrance and camp without problem,

I would order the side panels. any large items are best order for pick up, and if you have a big shopping list some of the traders will offer a discount to members too (that full members not just forum users)

see you there,

Mitch

Guest MartinP

Just ordered my tent & kit :D , will arrive while I am on holiday.

Wife didn't put up any resistance to us camping over :shok: (haven't told her it's for 2 nights)

I am bringing No1 helper,(third daughter), and can then take lots of photos any pick brains for longer than a day trip.

Guest zoomzoom

We are hoping to get there on saturday and maybe camp the night :huh:

any ideas on where to get a tent and all the other camping stuff from ?

(must be bear proof)

Hav'nt been camping since I was 10 years old.

Marcus halfords had 50%off the other week.

ebay is also good but you may want to look at it first.

Their is a camping shop on old a 41 between Hemel and Berkhamstead.

Aldi have one coming up soon just printed a poster for it ths week if you want a family size one luton or stevenage for them http://www.aldi.co.uk/

Stephen

Guest zoomzoom

Thanks just been looking at halfords site and they dont look too bad.

They have a set for £65.00 ish, and I have a blowup bed (dont ask) in the garage I could use.

Not sure if I will like the sleeping on the floor thing as I have a sort of travelodge/premier inn type of body!! :huh:

Still if there is lots of drinking and eating to be done well maybe...........

Guest Ian & Carole
Not sure if I will like the sleeping on the floor thing as I have a sort of travelodge/premier inn type of body!! :huh:

Still if there is lots of drinking and eating to be done well maybe...........

Not another one !!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

First it was Derek then it was Eric and now, (Could do with a name change here) but Marcus will have to do :rolleyes: B)

Ian J

Guest Bob's Babe

Asda are doing a set too....about £30 for smallish 3 man tent (i'd say two) two sleeping bags . Not sure on quality but might do as a starter set to see if you can sleep in one

SUE :wub:

We are hoping to get there on saturday and maybe camp the night :huh:

any ideas on where to get a tent and all the other camping stuff from ?

(must be bear proof)

Hav'nt been camping since I was 10 years old.

Correct, 'cos Grizzly's going. :D :D :D

What are you trying to say?

Not long got back from camping in East Berlin.... Yes!!! East Berlin..! it was an old soviet training and relaxation base

in a big park in the city center. (http://www.tentstation.de)

We used these pop up tents that are amazing if you cant be bothered with pitching. They really do take 2 seconds

maybe 3 (that was the one we had)

to put up and are double skinned and totally waterproof.

Best camping gadget ever

LINK

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/touring-tents-13801414/#

Anyone know if Kit drivers get in free as I had a quick look on the site and there's no info. Do we have to pay entrance?

took some finding but its on the botton of the poster yes we get in free and better still camp for free.

Day Admission: Adults £10, Children (5–15) £3, Toddlers FREE, Car Parking FREE

Free entry to the drivers of all Kit, Classic, American and Custom cars, (only at the exhibitor’s gate)

Trade enquiries: Telephone: 01526 320721 : Email: info@kitcarshow.co.uk

Guest Bazwaz

Kit car drivers are usually free i think you have just to pay for any passengers.

Barry

Phil can type faster than me.

Guest docter fox

I've got the whole weekend off so I shall be camping if I'm allowed to come and join you in the MG :D

is it just the saturday night for camping/hog roast?

Edited by docter fox