Insurance

BigLee

Some of you may know that Roadsure have been taken over by a company called Premium Choice. In past discussions on the forum RoadSure have regularly been quite competitive and the new company have now agreed to increase the members discount to 15%. In addition we have negotiated a small donation to be paid to the club for every policy taken out, which has been referred from the RHOCaR site. So any of you looking for insurance it may be worth giving them a call. We are an independent club so this is not a recommendation but merely a suggestion, with nothing to lose but 5 minutes of your time. They are a knowledable and enthusiastic bunch of people interested in cars, so not just insurance admin staff.

If anyone does take out a policy please will you PM me and let me know so we can see if this is something that is working. I would appreciate it. Post the rate you got as well as a reply to this thread as the last info we have on the forum about insurance competitiveness is quite old now.

If anyone has any problems with them please PM me as well as I have a direct number that I can supply on request.

Many thanks - Lee.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee,

I used Roadsure last year (my first kit), very good price at £168 for 5k year, including breakdown cover which came in very handy on the way home from Barkstone in May (40 min wait not too bad), this year they wanted £188 for the same deal which is still £70 cheaper than Mr Flux.

Called them up to cancel the breakdown cover to save money and the guy put the price back to £168 with no pressure, Bargain.

They took my RHOCAR details and mentioned they were trying to get in touch with the club following the change of owner, so I suggested the website rather than give out names.

Must say I'm very happy with the price & service, tried at least 5 alternatives and no one could match them.

Tom Hayden

Just re-newed my insurance with Adrian Flux this month,fully comp,5000 miles £129 includes £150,000 extra cover for personal accident for myself and passenger.

Colin

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lee my insurance is due beginin ov next month and im with Adrian Flux at the moment . It had gone up from £125 to £145 so i called Premium Choice for a quote and they come back with £132.50 so called Flux back and they dropped to £125 so called premium back and asked if their price was the best they could do and told him Flux,s price and he said he would have to have a word with his manager. So Greg came back with £120.50 which im happy with I could probably kept playin them of against each other a bit longer but if as you say they make a donation to a gud cause im happy . I told him id put good feed back on our website and he was very happy with that .

Bernie :D

Guest peter2b2002

just done a check with moneysupermarket for my range rover, they tried 50 insurance brokers , the best swinton @ £93.02 with £50 cash back included ,£0 excess , the worst zenith @ £1050.00 and that's with £500 excess.

pays to shop around

peter2b

• 2 weeks later...
Guest boggybogstar

Phoned round for quotes for my zero (I reckon I'll be SVA'ing in January)

Premium Choice £171 :(

Adrian Flux £140 :rolleyes:

no convictions or accidents and new insurance

• 2 months later...
Guest scrabster

hi,just insured the wife and myself fully comp with premium choice for£127.15 next nearest was £150. dont fret ive fixed drivers seat so she cant reach the pedals. :rolleyes:

jess.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Disappointed with Frank Pickles quote - same as Sureterm Direct so I'll stick with them. Apparently I don't qualify for an age discount (I'm 36 and claim free so far), my car age doesn't qualify for a discount (2004) and my valuation (£5000) doesn't help.

• 2 weeks later...