Chassis Number & Axle Weights

Tazzzzman1

:D Just got my nice shiny new chassis plate from GBS and have a few questions......

Can I enter any number I want for the chassis Number (as long as it has letters & numbers and is exclusive)? Must be 17 digits?

Also axle weights. Are these put on before SVA (If so what weights should I put) or are they added once SVA weigh the car?

Get this sorted and my SVA application will be in the post.

Cheers

Terry

PS

A few photos of the project, just a few jobs to do for SVA. Got my eyes on a nice set of 17" Alloys post sva (don't tell the missus!) and a new dash to make/ fit

DVLA issued me with my chassis number and this was verified at the build up inspection. Have heard that it depends on the area your in as some have used the rh invoice number and other letters of thier choice.

Sorry can't help with the axle wieghts on your car, try a search.

Hi,

Chassis number must be 17 digits with no "O" or "I". as far as axle weights I put as Richard said, 600 rear and 400 front, the SVA guy didn't like 400 so we changed it to 450 and all was well, gross weight 1050 kg (two weights don't need to add up) the actual weight of the car on test day was 604 kg!

HTH

Tony

You can make up the chassis number yourself as you are the builder!

You might have to do some more to the steering wheel before taking it in.!! Mine had the standard Ford on for SVA.

Hi Graham,

Yes, got the original Mountney wheel on at present, so looking at fitting a sponge centre (sounds like baking a cake!). This will cover the metal bits and sharp edges...

cheers

Terry

Guest boggybogstar
Chassis number must be 17 digits with no "O" or "I".

I made mine up which DVLA have approved (before I've passed SVA!) and mine has loads of o's and 0's