Message For Longboarder

Andy Spencer

Not wanting to spam your for sale thread, with 3 good zetecs for sale what on the earth is going in next? I think your motor gets an engine change more often than mine gets filled with fuel!!!

Love a challenge. Going back to a pinto. Much more fun. 1600 with a turbo. Just to see if it can be done.

If that doesn't work out then I will fit the ST170 zetec engine I bought yesterday. Been thinking the new blacktop was due to go in with raceline head and cams for 190-200 ish horses. Total £2000 but the ST170 makes about that and I can sell the old engines and the new one and have a bit of cash left over for further tuning if it needs it. Might be fun to mod the head at home and fit new cams and have 220 ish and start killing type 9 gearboxes.

Nigel

Guest gdc

not sure if the results from my r/r session at stonleigh on mon had any thing to do with the decision or not ?

but 201 bhp from a 2.0 non terbo ant bad inmho.

and with poss more to come at newark .

graham

My brother is giving :D me his rusted VW Vento VR6, engine is still in fine fettle and should be good for 170 bhp with a fair bit of torque. The engine doesn't look much biger than a pinto. When/if I get my 2B through IVA I'll see if its a practial proposition. Clutch bell housing may be an issue as I can't find anything on t'interweb on VW to type 9 gearbox anywhere! Any thoughts folks?