Fuel Pipe Size And Spec

Guest jasonmorris

Guest jasonmorris

Could anyone tell me what size and type of fuel pipe i should use in the construction of my zero? I thought this would have been included in my comprehensive kit but it isn't.

Don't know if it's relevant but I'm using Kawasaki ZX9R carbs on a fairly highly tuned pinto.

Cheers,

Jay

Guest jasonmorris
Hi Jay

What kit did you get because i had the plus kit which comes with lines as does the super spec.?????

Hi mate,

don't know what is specified as but it cost me around the 4k mark last September. There is some copper pipe in there but that is obviously the brake lines. Did yours come with the correct rubber hose?

Jay

Guest jasonmorris
A roll of 8mm copper tube (microbore from B&Q) did both feed & return on our 2B ;plus soldered joints to increase/decrease at each end as necessary,then fuel hose to connect to tank & engine.

Hi,

is it better to use copper than rubber? Was thinking of going for rubber so I don't have to do any soldering or anything.

Jay

It will have to be marked as fuel hose along its entire length if you use "rubber" hose,I think,the no solder option would mean buying more than one size of copper tube to suit your flow & return; I used just 1 to save pennies.

Guest jasonmorris
Hi Jay

What kit did you get because i had the plus kit which comes with lines as does the super spec.?????

looked on my invoice and it is a zero plus kit.

Jay

I used 10mm micro bore copper and rubber hose for last bit each end just soldered an olive on and jubilee cliped the pipe. also ran them inside the car so there was no risk of any thing hitting them and splitting like they did when i had an accident in it , they were down the tunnel in rubber at the time and there was a large pool of petrol on the road so now inside.

Guest scrabster

hi,no fuel pipe in my zero plus kit.i used copper micro bore pipe and sheathed it between the clips with the flexy conduit stuff.clips every 4 or 5 inches and cable tied the loom to it.

jess.

Jess, don't know if you're building or through SVA but I believe having the loom taped/tied/clipped/run with the fuel pipes is a fail.

Nigel

if mine had been like that when i had accident think i would have ben toast. I maintain now that the best place for fuel lines is in copper inside the car.

Guest smartfazer
smartfazer make sure your braided hose is fuel resistant and can take injection pump pressure.

I used so called braided fuel hose from a show and it perished the week before SVA.

Thanks for the headsup Paul.

Steve.