What Do You Do?

Guest dinger

Guest andybaker

20 years motor trade on the tools and after sales management and for the last 10 years as a mechanical plant operator in a nuclear power station down in snowy Kent!!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Botbuilder

For the past 2 years I've been teaching electrical & mechanical engineering to first and secaond year apprentices. The fifteen years prior to that I ran my own sales and service business servicing Electro Dischage Machines and robotic welders.

Guest chelcott

served time as toolmaker(which why being a hoodie is new goal)then aircraft fitter, then supervision then sales engineer in polymers aerospace motorsport and defense now have own business kitchens and bathrooms supply & fit - researching like mad at present as want to build first kit car, GBSC no longer supplying 2b now only zero telecon yesterday.

Guest mower man

Hi well here we go

1Apprentice trained mech ,both cars and commercials

2 long term involvement with light and heavy plant

3long term involvement with motor sport race ,rally prep and maintainance club level road rally driving , stage rally co driver

4ex Snap On tool rep

5 at present garden eqpmnt repair and maintanance and grounds maintanance country wide

6maintaining and developing [thats what Icall it ] myRobin Hood hoping to take this up full time in 2 years!!!!!!!!

hope this provdes you all with an insight to mower man 8P :crazy: :rofl: :clapping: :yahoo: :fool: 8) :acute:

Time served precision engineer / toolmaker.

Spent 11 years milling/turning (mainly CNC) in the aerospace industry.

Moved into the composite industry 7 years ago.

Now more on the 3D CadCam design side, but still have a play on a couple of 5 axis millers.

Make parts for 3 F1 teams and aerospace.

I'm trying to talk the gaffer into letting me make some carbon fibre bits for my Zero build.???

my normal job ill put a length up anyones lobby . lol self employed floor layer wood ,cpt an all that as well as industrial flooring an resin floors . spare time pat testing .

My CV so far

Apprentice Armature Winder/Electrical fitter BEECo Loughborogh 15 to 21

Car Salesman Market Garage Loughborough

Armature winder Chatham dockyard

Prototype electronic wireman Elliot Automation Rochester built 001 & 002 flight data computers for the C5A Galaxy and many new fighters.

Core store building for Plessey at Towcester for Saab Fighters

Building NATO Satcom Tracking stations for Marconi Space Defence Systems in europe and north america

A few years with Ericsson & LM Erricson in Libya for Col G.

Licenced Radio Ham --. ----- ... .-- .-- -.- -.

Slipped into retirement as a maintenance electricial for the largest Duck Producer

retired by my company many moons ago with a dicky ticker

so now just spending money before the grim reaper calls me

Mike

Mechanical designer for global defence giant. I design the mechanics for the opto-mechanical helmets for fighter pilots, i.e. helmets with head up displays on the visors that enable you to look at your enemy over your shoulder and fire the missile off at them. I've designed and worked on a fair portion of the avionics in the Eurofighter, like the control stick, helmet, wing mounted black boxes etc....... If I told you any more, I'd have to kill you :-)

Guest The Modfather

Left school at 16, was in armed forces, then drove lorries for 8 years, then joined Met Police where I was for 13 years, working East London, always on the beat. Qualified as an advanced pursuit driver, and driving assessor up to and including Advance level. Then transferred to Thames Valley for last 2 years, still working the beat. I cannot sit behind a desk, and only ever want to be out on the front line doing proper copper's work! Just don't like shifts :o

I am however looking into becoming a protection dog handler and trainer in the private sector, using my own German Shepherds. One is 3 years old and the other is 5 months old and is showing excellent potential for protection work :D

Guest RichardO

Main role is the support and development of internal database systems which feed multi-million pound legal internet site, for a very large multi-national news and information company.

When not doing the above support and development of other internal systems.

Rich...