A Car Is Born

Guest mkeats02

Guest mkeats02

Started recording a car is born on Quest where they Guy builds a Pilgrim Cobra Replica.

Has anyone seen this?

What do you think of the series?

I'm going to refrain from comment for now.

Guest Ian & Carole

If you do watch it all very carefully...........the car he submitts for SVA is not the car he built !!!! .......

........or the one he drives later on.

Guest sparks

I test drove one of their cars a few years ago while I was down there for the Festival of Speed and the program came up in conversation.

They told me all the programs where made at the factory, part of the workshop was boarded off as if to be the garage, he would work on parts of the car and go home and the employees would do the rest.

But entertaining enough.

Better than the other soaps!!!

Mark

Guest mkeats02

He seems to do things a little Backwards, or maybe I do.

He fitted a flexi-brake hose yesterday, 1st of all putting one end through the chassis and putting a nut on it, he then attached the other end the caliper, but to do this, (the calliper wasn't attached to the hub) he would rotate the caliper onto the flexi hose.

Would he not have been best fixing the caliper to the hub, screwing in the brake hose and then putting through the chassis?

I thought is was quite funny when he forgot to put the spring seat on the coli over so had to dismantle the suspension!

Yes,

At some point in the series Mark Evans interviews Big Jim.

Yes, t'was Exeter kit car show, November 2001 I think, it was a bit chilly, and I had my best "crawling under cars" sweater on. (A "No-Dad!" reject!!) It was the episode in which he speands most of the time trying to hang the doors but can't get them right.

still can't believe the chap from pilgrim says to not fit all the pointy bits that will fail SVA till after its on the road. I know people do this (obviously my car is exactly as tested ;) ) but surely you shouldn't advise people on national TV to do this. I would have thought it would open him up to loads of legal problems and i doubt VOSA would be happy with it.

Guest smartfazer
If you do watch it all very carefully...........the car he submitts for SVA is not the car he built !!!! .......

........or the one he drives later on.

Never noticed that.

I will have to get the DVD out now and watch it again.

Steve

Just been watching this, makes me cringe the way he bends drills and over tightens everything!

I think the car in SVA is the same one, just that hes changed mirrors and taken the centres off the wheels, the car he drives in the titles is blue so deff. not his :rolleyes: I think the final one is on tomorrow on Quest so I'll see which one he lets the instructor drag up and down the track.

Best quote so far "the brake master cylinder has 2 holes, the one closest to the servo is for the back so the back brakes first and stops you tipping over nose first"