Bike Intercoms For The Kit Car

speedtripledan

Yes I got some. They are okish, as in you can hear the passenger but its not the clearest and I found batteries didnt last too long.

However, they were invaluable when it came to turning the passenger`s voice off when she was complaining about taking an island too quick.

:D

Guest Richard W

I've been looking at similar, but my bike friends are recommending Autocom units.

Expensive-ish, but apparently worth it due to their 'multi-tasking' nature.

Guest Tim Norman

With my side screens on it is possible to hold a conversation without raising your voice, even at motorway speeds! :D

But then they are slightly longer than the standard ones.

I got a cheap £20 set off Ebay with a small boom mike. Was ok at low revs but the V6 drowned it out at motorway speeds. As my new car has a screen your welcome to borrow it to see if it is to your taste and works for you.

Cant find a link for it at the moment, will keep looking....

Found it, mines similar to this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Motorbike-Bike-Hands...=item414e654991

Seems they have dropped in price alot.

At the end of the day you get what you pay for.

New car does this mean you have found some thing Rob ???????????????????

Guest Richard W
I can second the comments on Autocom. Class stuff with good backup. Brian

Thats good then, cos that's probably what I'm going to get!

Only the basic set but it allows me to plug in a PMR radio as well and talk to other cars/bikes as well as any passenger!

Autocom is great unless your doing 130 on the back wheel leaving the Paris toll. That sort of language would put anyone off :)

Seriously though, on a race bike I had it set to cut in when the ambient noise was triggered about 100mph with a helmet on. This means it will cut in when you talk below that otherwise you're iPod happy with background music. Also, auto answer on mobile phone and hardwire to car.

Thoroughly recommend.

Guest The Modfather

I use Nady's on the bike, either hardwired to the pillion, or by air wave for around a mile to another bike.

Over the years I got fed up spending money on absolute rubbish, so splashed out on the Nady ones.

They have never failed me, will connect to other makes, even those cheap 2 way intercoms in the Argos book. We went to France for carp fishing, and on the big lakes it was great to use them to keep in touch with everyone. Takes any music source via 3.5mm jack plug as well as your mobile.

Great kit, probably the best, never failed even at 150mph on a bike!