Is It Me ?

Guest mower man

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody let me know where i belong then, and i'll go there. (Leper colony 1st choice i suppose!) 8)

Guess i need to do a few Le mans trips before i'm allowed to have an opinion on the grown ups forum? :cray:

Guest smartfazer

Where does that leave us remaining 2B builders? I still have loads of questions to ask.

Just a thought, but how many of us still building their 2B's?

Steve

hi nick

you and i and all the other guys are in the best club there is .

it has changed a bit , the banter has gone or has diminished over the past year or so .

i ant sure why though i dont think the zero has had a great effect , it is easier to construct ,

but even so there are lots of peps on here at any one time anyway ,but we lack banter and a laugh .

there used to be several of the old guard who would post just for the sake of it to raise a chuckle .

it dont seem to happen of late .i dont understand why though ?

mayby the lack of humour is the reason for the unresponsive answers to posts .

or the fear of humiliation from some quarters .

graham

and i still cant spell !

sorry i should have said only the forum has changed , the meets and shows are still great

EXACTLY Graham, thats what i'm getting at mate, the lack of pi55 take or informal banter. If you look at some of my answers to peeps in other posts, i always try and build in a bit of humour/sarcasm/wit/banter (delete as applicable) for the sole reason of attempting to get across my nature / personality for those people

to whom i'm just an invisible internet user.

Besides, if it just turns into a formal question and answer centre we'd may as well buy an anorak,pen & notebook and head for the nearest railway line. (Annanoid removal is optional).

Like i said originally, i meant no malice in my reply, just an honest opinion and consider myself very easy going and open minded. Marmite springs to mind....

Nick.

i myself dont like marmite .

but i love your avitar mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

the only reason for replying is for you to reply so i can see it again !

I prefer Bovril... it spreads easier :girl_devil:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

no i cant take anymore night night .

ohh finished whoops

i got so into this thread that i lost an ebay purchace for an alloy fuel tank

gutted it went for under £40 , never mind !

but i love your avitar mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

the only reason for replying is for you to reply so i can see it again !

Hey leave my wife out of this

Then I woke up :angel:

I'm building a 2B+ -- like steam of all sorts -- don't have an anorak -- but do have a full-size windmill (windpump) awaiting rebuild -- & best of all -- retired & my lovely wife works with me building "Florin" :rolleyes: :blush:

Maybe the dreaded political correctness is affecting the humour and I think most people are generally working harder and longer hours.

When I was in the army the humour and p**s take was the backbone of all morale and friendship.

I think this is a great forum and although not a heavy user I rely on the information and appreciate all your help in building my Zero.

Keep the banter coming.

Regards

Mark

Guest dinger

The attitude gap is more prevalant between some of the newer builders, I mention that my car is mono ,pinto engined on a single carb ,used mainly for touring /cruising seems to get the 'poor old sod ' look ! from quite alot of the newer builders but when they have done afew LeMans trips +30k miles etc then they could comment , not when they don't know their a--e from their elbow ,it matters not a jot to me I'll still keep posting any thing I think could be relavant and try and help ,but a little feed back would be nice ,rant over I hopeto see you all at Stafford and poss some of you before :crazy: :crazy: :pardon: :acute: :good: regards mower man :rofl:

I think you have just answered your own question Mower man,

I was quite conservertive with my response but the above comments just rub me up the wrong way (easy graham)

I think we need a good drink at Stafford and maybe a group hug and get on with some banter :friends:

Guest mower man

If I have rubbed any one up the wrong way I apologise unreservedly this was not my intention but after 40+ years of kit cars ,rally cars, race cars etc Iam perhaps getting a bit stale[read old] Iwant to help ANYONE if I can no matter what they drive I just think every thing has gone a bit samey profuse apologies mower man :crazy: 8P :wacko: :blink: :yahoo: :good: :clapping:

( only kidding peter and was good to meet my older brother on sunday)

Dinger, problem was when we needed a man with an orange van at the end of the SG7s meet where were you? We were left to our own devices to sort out an injured members poorly car. Has anyone heard of him since?