Zero Throttle Pedal

Thrashed

Hi All

Now after getting my engine started i am on a mission to get this car finished.

I have a zero throttle pedal which after a bit of cutting and bending fits and clears through it's arc of travel, but how do i connect the throttle cable. http://i852.photobucket.com/albums/ab89/smineham/Steve_Zero/DSCF2103.jpg

The top of the pedal just has a slot cut into it. GBS said just connect the cable end to a electrical connector block, but this just seems too mickey mouse to work as there is nothing to stop it coming out the top.

If anyone has any ideas and pictures i look forward to hearing.

Thanks

Steve

Terminal Blocks etc???????? OMG!!

Steve, you can still do it same as mine is mate.

Remove your pedal and drill a hole through both side of the split. Drill a 2mm hole through the side of a bolt and

then drill and tap a hole to line up with the 2mm hole. Fit the bolt and 2 nuts to lock it off without it tightening against

the pedal then pass the cable through the 2mm hole and clamp it taught using a grubscrew in the hole you tapped.

This is mine SSL22904.jpg

:drinks: = Problem solved

:wacko: = You can do it, PMA my friend

:unknw:= Let me know what size hole you'll get away with in the pedal arm and i'll make you one.

Which smiley are you? lovfl.

Nick.

Guest chris brown

Very smart Nick but a terminal block will do the job fine and it shouldn't jump out of the slot providing the pull from the outer mounting point is reasonably straight. But if you think it might then a small hose clip will fix it and it will be OK for IVA. Remember to put a spring at one end of the cable and adjust it so that full throttle is just before the pedal hits the bulkhead and the spring takes up the remainder.

Hi Nick

The pedal is the same thickness as an M10 bold. I was planning on getting a piece of ali tube that would fit over the top of the pedal and then find a way to fix it and clamp the cable.

If i cut the top of the pedal down and drill a hole in the ali tube so the cable goes through the tube and the pedal slot as i screw in a bolt from the top it will clamp down on the cable and force the slot outwards onto the inside of the ali tube which will cause a tight interference fit???

What do you think??

Guest scrabster

hi steve,i used a push bike cable bolt with the hole already drilled to take the cable.drilled the pedal for the bolt ,adjusted the pedal height by pulling cable through bolt,pinch bolt up which tightens the cable against the pedal,put a return spring on and made a stop from a bit of ally angle riveted in place.cars in garage if you need a look.hth.

regards,jess.

Cable through slot - Bike Brake nipple on end of cable to stop pulling through slot and ultra small jubilee clip over top of pedal to stop coming off the top would be my bodgtastic way of doing it. But then they do call me Heath Robinson !!!