Car Builders

Al Milton

Hi All,

Due to work comittments and to be honest, currently struggling with enthusiasm for my build (7+ years, all interspersed with mounting pressures/travel at work), I am seriously contemplating abandoning my build.

However, the thought of owning and enjoying the car still appeals. I have been saying for years that next year is the year, but this has never happened.

So, the only option open is to have the car completed by a 3rd party. What I am wondering is there any one who has experience of one of these companies / assemblers (good and bad), or any members who have a business that would be interested in completing the build? State of build is approx half way, engine running, electrics 90%.

Any pointers? I know this seems a cop out, but I just want the car built now!

Cheers

Al

why not shout up local members to give you a hand,providing tea biccys or the odd can of beer,im sure theres someone local and they know all pitfalls of build hopefully they can get you finished without the expense so you have some money left to play with afterwards..

Guest Jomeo69

Nooo!!!

you cant think that.

Bad thoughts.

I suppose its better than selling it. i thought u would have beaten us by now Al.

i know its not a race and all that, but u did have quite a headstart lol.

Im sorry 50%??? is that it??. no way, its further through than that? im sure of it.

why not shout up local members to give you a hand,providing tea biccys or the odd can of beer,im sure theres someone local and they know all pitfalls of build hopefully they can get you finished without the expense so you have some money left to play with afterwards..

Agreed,

A "RHOCAR" house call is in order. I know Gaz`s lot have done it before now and got it through the test.

Andi

Guest Jomeo69

im always around (literally the corner) if you need a hand as well Al.

hey it could be worse, you could have punctured your sump trying to tow the car back round the garages for the winter. We have never had the miss fortune of doing anything that silly. <_<

Hi All,

Thanks for the kind offers, may take you up on them when it gets a bit warmer (for your old bones Bob! ;) ) It is a great indicator of the strength of the club and friendliness of the members with these offers to help out.

I have an option open currently which is very interesting (and hopefully won't involve putting a hole in my sump Joe - wondered where that oil came from :rolleyes: , hope you got it sorted).

Cheers

Al

Guest robinj66

Al - don't do anything hasty. I'm sure we can descend on you and eat all your bacon butties (again!)

Try and sort out lists of what needs to be done - sometimes it helps to get your head clear as to which jobs remain rather than see an apparantly huge project with loads to do. If it helps, give me a bell to discuss.

If you really want someone local(ish) to complete your car then you could try 7-Indulgence near Brands Hatch but don't rush into anything just yet.

Hi Everyone,

Many many thanks for the words of encouragement and offers of help with the build, it is greatly appreciated. The decision to abandon my build has not been taken lightly, but it is the only option to complete the build I can see.

The workload I have coming up in the next 18 months or so will not allow for much spare time in the garage, plus with the anticipated travelling and hours associated with this, (based on a workload for a similar project i've just finished), will mean the car wouldn't be ready for the road until probably mid 2012 and I cannot guarantee to have the spare time required.

The option I am looking at is to have the car built by a club member, who has kindly offered his services. I'll popping up to see him over the Christmas week to have a good chat, kick some tyres, look at his car and agree costs and logistics. Further info will follow in due course I am sure ;)

This way, the car can be built and on the road (where it belongs!) and I get some relaxation time rather than spending time in the garage when the wife and I should be out having fun in the car.

Watch this space.

Al