Which Kit

gomatthome

From a sales perspective, a website should give enough information to ENCOURAGE more questions thus enticing the customer to contact the business in question and in turn engage them in an enthusiastic conversation about what can be achieved, over what time and at what cost!! Also for the invitation to be given to visit the factory and see for yourself the end product itself!!

I for one think the GBS site does just that, it gives enough information to entice and then engage personally but not too much that the customer makes a disinformed decision.

Kits are not sold online, they are sold in person!!!

KitSpares is a different case entirely

John

:bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad:

From a sales perspective, a website should give enough information to ENCOURAGE more questions thus enticing the customer to contact the business in question and in turn engage them in an enthusiastic conversation about what can be achieved, over what time and at what cost!! Also for the invitation to be given to visit the factory and see for yourself the end product itself!!

I for one think the GBS site does just that, it gives enough information to entice and then engage personally but not too much that the customer makes a disinformed decision.

John

The problem is if i,m in the market for a kit or anything else i want to search out all the info on-line before i even think of ringing company's and visiting,

my current car came from having a salesman do a right number on me! and why cause back then i didn't do my research enough.... he told me black was white etc etc and i was uneducated enough to believe

As it goes i think the website is ok.

i have already made my decision based on the cars i,ve seen

John

John

Your opinion is noted but mine is that there could be more done to improve the current site. It was not a criticism of GBSC but some feedback on the experience I had. The site entices but confuses in my humble opinion.

As for buying a Kit online, that is what I would do. If I was looking for a Kit, I would research and check out the forums before making my mind up. I might go up to the Factory for a butchers but with the current car I have, my decision was purely online based. I purchased a part built and just about all of the parts I needed to complete without setting foot out of my front door. This is the way quite a few people do business these days so the more information there is, the more able I am to make a decision.

Sorry my friend but this is Bull. As a professional sales person, you should have been told in your first job about the ratio of ears to mouth. If a customer (and I would class myself as an informed customer) is saying they are a little confused then your response should be to understand their concern and look at how best to address it. Not to tell them they are following the wrong sales model and need to change their approach. ;)

I wonder how many people have purchased a kit before visiting the site and consequently, how many people have NOT purchased a kitfrom GBSC but gone elsewhere for whatever reason?

Guest mower man

Surely no one would buy a kit just from taking even along look at a website?or am I nieve?.Visiting the manufacturer and shows ,talking to owners has got to done awaiting coments mower man :unknw:

I would. My next kit will be a Zero wide body and I don't need to see it before ordering.

However, I know hoods so don't need as much information as a fresh punter.

Most people will compare what they see online and then make a short list of companies to see. It might be a short list of 1 or 2 to go and see and make decision from that.

When you compare a fully built Zero to a fully built Westfield or Caterham, the price isn't that different. I think a Caterham classic is £13,5k isn't it and a Westie £14.5 for the kit. Both are £3k additional to have on the road and include VAT.

Now, compare that with the fully built Zero which is £14k + vat (£17k) and on the surface, the Zero is quite expensive.

If you were not a Hoodie and were looking for a fully built brand new car, which would be in your short list?

If you wanted a kit with all componants, which would you choose. A company that lists everything or one where you cant figure out what kit they were talking about or the price?

All I'm doing is to try and ensure GBSC maximise their share of potential customers out there but end up feeling I have to justify my position as if I'm criticising Robin Hood in some way. :(

Guest gixerboy600

John

Your opinion is noted but mine is that there could be more done to improve the current site. It was not a criticism of GBSC but some feedback on the experience I had. The site entices but confuses in my humble opinion.

As for buying a Kit online, that is what I would do. If I was looking for a Kit, I would research and check out the forums before making my mind up. I might go up to the Factory for a butchers but with the current car I have, my decision was purely online based. I purchased a part built and just about all of the parts I needed to complete without setting foot out of my front door. This is the way quite a few people do business these days so the more information there is, the more able I am to make a decision.

Sorry my friend but this is Bull. As a professional sales person, you should have been told in your first job about the ratio of ears to mouth. If a customer (and I would class myself as an informed customer) is saying they are a little confused then your response should be to understand their concern and look at how best to address it. Not to tell them they are following the wrong sales model and need to change their approach. ;)

I wonder how many people have purchased a kit before visiting the site and consequently, how many people have NOT purchased a kitfrom GBSC but gone elsewhere for whatever reason?

BULL?? A very "constructive" term!! Perhaps I didn't explain myself particularly well as my meaning was not to imply confusion but to create an opportunity to engage the potential customer and UNDERSTAND his requirement more fully and also to be in a position to thus PERSONALISE and TAILOR the product / service accordingly as opposed to EXPECTING him to want whatever I ASSUME he wants online. As a professional sales manager of some 15 years and with extensive experience I find on a daily basis the internet causes more problems for British business than it solves. This is usually because the customer thinks they know what they want, assume the product will fit the "requirement" and then I get involved and show them in a consultative process changing approach how to do it properly!!

Also F.Y.I with regards to the ratio of ears to mouth, there are also two eyes and essentially the abillity to use them in the first instance is usually recommended followed by the mouth to probe and ask questions and finally listen. Once this is achieved I find it best then to use the grey matter to consider what solution may be best for said customer, make a proposal and then tailor that to their indivudal needs and budget thus creating not one order now but a good relationship where future business and revenue can be achieved.

The above is the relationship I find to work best, of course you could just buy online and hope for the best!!!!

i popped into the factory for a look and a chat the other day. the wide body is available in all the kit options at an extra price of £500. will need to look through the individual parts prices to work out which represents best value for what i am looking to build. delivery is about six weeks i was going to order at first show but may take the plunge earlier as keen to get building again.

phil

• 2 weeks later...

Phil, If you want a second opinion or just moral support then let me know and I'll pop along with you.

Rob

rob if you are coming to the meet on wed we can go through everything. i am thinking about using the 2b as a donor so just need to work out what i need / don't need GBSC say delivery is circa 6 weeks and they can adjust the various kits to reflect what i need.

phil