Which Kit

gomatthome

was trying to decide on the best value kit between the zero plus superspec and the Zero Zetec any views on which offers best value between these options.

phil

Hi Phil

I was going to attempt to answer your question but after looking at the website, I haven't got a clue :D

Don't get me wrong, the website is excellent. Soooo much better than it used to be and very professional looking. However, it could do with a bit more information.

For example, what is a 2468 apart from a price. I've been around a bit and have never heard of it. Is it a cross between the base kit and a Zero Zetec... or a Zero plus... or a Superspec?

Also, I heard there was a wide body. Is this the plus or the superspec and what explanation is there for who the different kits is aimed at.

Also, I found this:

a) You can buy a basic kit and a donor car to assemble yourself. B) Comprehensive kit containing all parts needed to build the car. c) A turn key option (as a rolling chassis with running gear installed) or d) a fully built, registered and ready to drive away car. For the track day and race enthusiasts we also supply a number of options to suit your pocket too.

I can see the base kit. It is £1795 and amazing value. The best priced kit in the world in my opinion and a great start. It would be good though to have some informations on what other parts and Donor vehicle is required to get this on the road. If there are other parts that RH supply, then could these be listed as a pack or individual items.

Is one of the other models the rolling chassis mentioned above or do they all come in kit form and you need to contact the firm for other options. Lastly, there is a kit with everything ready to complete a car. Is this the Zetec and if so, what gearbox, ignition etc does it have?

I'm sure Richard will see this thread and will know that this is not a dig in any way but some constructive feedback. Customers need some more info on the kits and what it entails to build one. It would be great to have a roadmap with pictures from buying a base kit to a finished build in stages so people can see what they can get to in a base build and how each stage progresses from there. At a first step though, an explanation of each kit is mandatory.

If anyone else has suggestions perhaps they can post it here?

The other confusion is that some of the kit prices are plus VAT and the 2468 and Zetec kits are inclusive of VAT. I spent a lot of time with pen and paper listing the parts etc and trying to work out what else I would need to get an overall build cost. I also did this to try and compare kit prices from different companies as I was looking at other options. In the end I felt the Zero offered the best of all worlds. To me, it looked the best, proportion wise, prices were good, GBS could supply me with all the parts I needed, the car was undergoing continual development and most importantly, there was excellent back up from the factory. Add in the support of people on this forum and that really was the icing on the cake :good:

I can see how you can build to a budget by doing a lot of the work for yourself, but the costs go up very quickly when you start adding in powder coating the chassis, lowered floor, bonnet louvres, factory wiring loom, donor kits and so on, so even if you choose the Superspec kit, there is still a lot of money to spend. When I spoke to Keith at one of the shows, he said to budget about £10k for a new Zetec engined version although I am sure there will be some who have built a Zetec version for a lot less and there will be others who have spent a lot more.

I have just had a look at the web site and if you click on kit contents you get a full list and pics of whats in each kit

Hi Phil

I appreciate that and never questioned that there wasn't a part list.

I was suggesting there should be more descriptive information on the kits, what would be involved to get them on the road, which is the wide kit, what kit comes as a rolling chassis and if there was a kit that comes complete with everything, which one it was? As I see it, there is no "complete" kit in the range as such.

When a prospective customer looks at the site, they should come away dreaming of the kit they want, not filled with more questions. Hopefully feedback will help.

Hope fully Richard will see this post and look at what can be done to give clear information. Although there is only so much you can give before there is too much to understand IMHO. how many of the parameters do you give as David said powdercoat, lower floor, louvres in bonnet to jive just 3 then you have engine options, wiring loom. If I was investing in a build I would want to talk to them and get them to help me find the right package for me.

Guest gixerboy600

Hi Phil

I appreciate that and never questioned that there wasn't a part list.

I was suggesting there should be more descriptive information on the kits, what would be involved to get them on the road, which is the wide kit, what kit comes as a rolling chassis and if there was a kit that comes complete with everything, which one it was? As I see it, there is no "complete" kit in the range as such.

When a prospective customer looks at the site, they should come away dreaming of the kit they want, not filled with more questions. Hopefully feedback will help.

From a sales perspective, a website should give enough information to ENCOURAGE more questions thus enticing the customer to contact the business in question and in turn engage them in an enthusiastic conversation about what can be achieved, over what time and at what cost!! Also for the invitation to be given to visit the factory and see for yourself the end product itself!!

I for one think the GBS site does just that, it gives enough information to entice and then engage personally but not too much that the customer makes a disinformed decision.

Kits are not sold online, they are sold in person!!!

KitSpares is a different case entirely

John