Robin 2b Fog Light

Guest oldman

Just started to sort out electrics on 2b (1983)no power to fog light switch started to trace wiring got as far as fuse box i would have thought one side of fuse would be live on a common rail but no both sides of fuse dead will have to split loom and start tracing any thoughts any body cheers ray

They only should work when dipped lights are used , if my memory serves me right, thus power comming from a relay switched by your dipped lights.

Mike

That's for current IVA, I think on the Sierra the rear fog will work with any lights on, Fed from a common battery feed in to Terminal 30 of the light switch (Red wire)then out of terminal 58 (Grey wire), via fuse 7 up to the rear fog switch (Grey/yellow wire).

hi,

thought with my seirra loom, fog light only worked on dipped or main. not on sidelights. i can check later if you want.

hth

yes please the more info the better cheers

more info the better
Not if it's out of date, irrelevant or wrong.

IVA rule is that the fog light:

Must work with dip.

It must work with main beam.

It must not be able to be switched on by itself.

It must not be able to be switched on with only sidelights.

If however you have passed IVA then the sky's yer oyster.

Nigel

1983 through to 1991 sierra's were wired so the fog light came on with the Side lights and stayed live with all lights, you could take a fused live from the side lights and wire to a relay, from memory the side lights switch earth rather than live so will need some thought to wire the relay,

hope that hels

Guest jmdunne@talktalk.net

I knew there had to be a simple solution - thanks Longboarder. Having scratched my head a few times, I ended up using a couple of diodes in feeds from the main and dip circuit to the foglight switch and to a spare relay that powers the foglight. Works OK and got me through the IVA retest last month, but your solution is much better.