Chasewater Transport Show

Andi

Hi Andi, I've got Hoody to bring him to Stoneleigh. Mowerman dropped him off at mine earlier this week.

I'm in Sheffield so probably too far away from you.

I'm pretty sure Phil Shelton has my number if you need to contact me, otherwise I'll see you at the Show.

Nick

Hi Andi, I've got Hoody to bring him to Stoneleigh. Mowerman dropped him off at mine earlier this week.

I'm in Sheffield so probably too far away from you.

I'm pretty sure Phil Shelton has my number if you need to contact me, otherwise I'll see you at the Show.

Nick

Cheers Nick,

Not a problem, in hindsight they will already have collections for the AAA so I guess we would be treading on their toes anyway.

Andi

Guest SeperegreeMuP

If you have your own domain it pays to learn how to use an IP finder. In the day-to-day course of your website operations you won't need to know your IP (Internet Protocol) number. But if you have website problems, hacking issues or other technical difficulties, knowing your IP number can be a huge help. You can use any IP finder to get that number.

Another reason it pays to be familiar with IP numbers if you have your own domain is in case you have something like a blog or a place where people can leave comments. You might find that spammers love your site and leave comments or replies by the dozen or even by the hundred. Knowing that you can ban their IP addresses and keep them from even being able to access your site in many cases, can trim down your work load and make managing your domain much easier.

If you have a blog on your site or some other software that allows people to leave comments, chances are there's built-in functionality for showing you the IP address of everyone who comments. You can even look into your administration panel and find the IP address of everyone who has surfed to your website. These are the numbers that you would use to keep someone from being able to access your site or to simply keep them from being able to leave a comment.

How you do that depends on the software you're using and your hosting account. Many blog software applications have a built-in function that allows you to keep spammers from being able to leave a response or access the site at all. There are also various plug-ins for such software and scripts you can put in your site files that will allow you to block certain IP numbers.

IP Finder Options

There are many different types of IP finder websites available, but one of the easiest ways is to use the WhoIs domain lookup tool at whois.domaintools.com. This gives you all sorts of information about the domain, including who owns it, their contact information and the IP address of the site under the server stats tab. Some other services only give registration information, the name server and the registrar but the above tool does provide the IP address of the website.

You can also use a ping service. There are variety of websites out there that will team aside for you and return information like the IP address and other facts. If you're using Windows, type "cmd" without the quotes into your computer's search bar. A command dialog box will open. You can simply type "Ping whateversite.com" and the command will return the IP address or addresses. Some large sites might have several IP numbers, so it could take several seconds to finish.

While these are all helpful find the IP of the domain including your own domain, if you find an IP address has been visiting your site or your board and you want to find out more information about it, you can find an IP lookup website. Many IP finder websites also offer this service and are free to use. You simply enter the IP number in question and they'll tell you where the system that visited your site was based, the ISP and other information. This info is useful if you're having problems with hacking, spamming or other unwanted issues.

EH????????

quote name='SeperegreeMuP' timestamp='1303142551' post='227678']

If you have your own domain it pays to learn how to use an IP finder. In the day-to-day course of your website operations you won't need to know your IP (Internet Protocol) number. But if you have website problems, hacking issues or other technical difficulties, knowing your IP number can be a huge help. You can use any IP finder to get that number.

Another reason it pays to be familiar with IP numbers if you have your own domain is in case you have something like a blog or a place where people can leave comments. You might find that spammers love your site and leave comments or replies by the dozen or even by the hundred. Knowing that you can ban their IP addresses and keep them from even being able to access your site in many cases, can trim down your work load and make managing your domain much easier.

If you have a blog on your site or some other software that allows people to leave comments, chances are there's built-in functionality for showing you the IP address of everyone who comments. You can even look into your administration panel and find the IP address of everyone who has surfed to your website. These are the numbers that you would use to keep someone from being able to access your site or to simply keep them from being able to leave a comment.

How you do that depends on the software you're using and your hosting account. Many blog software applications have a built-in function that allows you to keep spammers from being able to leave a response or access the site at all. There are also various plug-ins for such software and scripts you can put in your site files that will allow you to block certain IP numbers.

IP Finder Options

There are many different types of IP finder websites available, but one of the easiest ways is to use the WhoIs domain lookup tool at whois.domaintools.com. This gives you all sorts of information about the domain, including who owns it, their contact information and the IP address of the site under the server stats tab. Some other services only give registration information, the name server and the registrar but the above tool does provide the IP address of the website.

You can also use a ping service. There are variety of websites out there that will team aside for you and return information like the IP address and other facts. If you're using Windows, type "cmd" without the quotes into your computer's search bar. A command dialog box will open. You can simply type "Ping whateversite.com" and the command will return the IP address or addresses. Some large sites might have several IP numbers, so it could take several seconds to finish.

While these are all helpful find the IP of the domain including your own domain, if you find an IP address has been visiting your site or your board and you want to find out more information about it, you can find an IP lookup website. Many IP finder websites also offer this service and are free to use. You simply enter the IP number in question and they'll tell you where the system that visited your site was based, the ISP and other information. This info is useful if you're having problems with hacking, spamming or other unwanted issues.