Oh *bleep*s!

Mitch

hi all,

well having had a brill holiday but missing Stoneliegh, i forgot to renew the car insurance before i went, rang day before i went away, but they couldnt do it there and then as the qoute had expired, they were gonna re qoute and sort it tomorrow, when i rang, but i just relised i havnnt renewed the bloody MOT either due to my usual garage MOT guy being away before i went on hol..,,,,,

now on my return i relise i have no mot or insurance, so can i get insurance without mot, ? or mot without insurance ???/

or am i just mixing taxing the car with the insurance, !!!!!

and before SImon or any other of the NWEST lot get on my case, yes i am a knob for forgetting !!!!! LOL :search: :sorry: :fool: :blush: :blush:

Mitch

Guest big kev

You getting mixed up In my eyes you can't tax a car without a valid mot an insurance. Moting without insurance is thin and viser versor.

Guest Ian & Carole

Mitch

I'll get in before Simon & Co. yes you are a kn**b

Can't take car for MOT unless it is insured.

Once insured "BOOK" an MOT using the Reg. number and get a specific time for the test, providing you go straight there and straight back you are OK legal wise.

Once you have both you can then Tax it.

Dummie ps pleased you had a nice holl.

Guest shaggy

Mitch

I'll get in before Simon & Co. yes you are a kn**b

Can't take car for MOT unless it is insured.

Once insured "BOOK" an MOT using the Reg. number and get a specific time for the test, providing you go straight there and straight back you are OK legal wise.

Once you have both you can then Tax it.

Dummie ps pleased you had a nice holl.

All of the above - thanks Ian

Si

p.s., Mitch, your a dipspring :search:

Guest mikebloomfield

A friend of mine at work got caught recently for forgetting his MOT. He got stopped by a car with ANPR, and although it was only a few days over it was still £60 fine.

be careful out there!

Mike

Guest Stuartl

A friend of mine at work got caught recently for forgetting his MOT. He got stopped by a car with ANPR, and although it was only a few days over it was still £60 fine.

be careful out there!

Mike

You would think that given MOT's are now electronically recorded and the amount you now pay for the test that VOSA could issue a reminder notice. I have seven vehicles that require MOT and although the more organised of us would have the expiry dates logged on next year's calendar, how many of us actually do that?

Guest mikebloomfield

friend had been working abroad for a month, then got stopped a week after he was back - so easy to see how the MOT could be missed.

friend very apologetic, police very sheepish - but still got the fine.

Police surprised he had not been picked up earler, as they are on the look out!

I use the same MOT chap as Phil Shelton (R and R Motors in Wigston.. Cheap rates for kits BTW). Just a little 2 man firm but they always send a reminder about a month before.

Just as well biggrin.gif

Andi

I still haven't worked out why we don't have a similar disc certificate (or similar) that should be displayed showing insurance and mot. Would be easy to see when they run out like tax and also reduce the amount of people without insurance/mot. Why just tax? that is the least useful in terms of road safety.

thoughts?

OK OK Ian n Simon, im a plonka, but had holiday head on and due to my MOT man now being 23 miles away (one i have used for the last ten yrs, (as have several NW lot) he was on hol when i wanted to do it, and i had hol fever week before i went, only relised both had lapsed yesterday when i returned, thats when panic set in, but jet lag n no sleep for what seemed like days didint help hahahah, relised later its tax you have to have the rest in place first ,

insurance will be sorted at 9am today, n mot very shortly when i nip in n see him when i go work,

thanks for replys,

Mitch

the new style MOT certs have had a sticker you car peel off and stick in the car for a while, I've never used it though. the last place I got tested at gave me a black key ring that has now started flashing MOT DUE which is a good idea ( If it wasn't shoved in my tool box )

Guest Ian & Carole

Don't forget you can get you car MOTed 1 calender month before it is due and if it passes you get a 13 month MOT.

Just write a note on gagage wall when it is due !!!!!!!!! :give_rose: simples peeps :give_rose:

i knew they were due, didnt really "FORGET" just never got round to sorting, now insured , mot being done this week was just confused about issue of getting insurance without mot, (was very tiredLOL) , mixed up with insurance and tax ,

sorted,lol

mitch