Members 2b For Sale.

BigLee

CAR is Now SOLD - Thanks for all the Interest

All,

I have been contacted by a chap who's car we went to see a while ago when he had a few electrickery problems, although I have not seen it in the flesh recently. He was building the car with his Dad, who unfortunately passed away in the last month and although the car is now ready for IVA he hasn't the heart to complete the process and wants to put the car up for sale.

He believe it is very well built as his Dad was an engineer.

Basic spec is:-

Robin Hood 2B

Stainless steel tubular frame

Kit purchased circa 2001/2

Sierra 2.0 pinto

Full engine rebuild

All new components brake wise other than master cylinder

New Recarro seats

Wet weather kit

Alloys

The car is based near me between Bradford and Skipton. He is not looking to recoup all costs as he appreciates the value of a part built but is looking for offers in the region of £1,800

Here are some photos of the car - I wont post contact info on the web - But anyone interested PM me and I reply with contact info and will pass on details.

Cheers Lee

post-853-0-75518000-1305195953_thumb.jpgpost-853-0-51477600-1305195962_thumb.jpgpost-853-0-01613800-1305195971_thumb.jpgpost-853-0-98658100-1305195981_thumb.jpgpost-853-0-47410100-1305195992_thumb.jpgpost-853-0-81887300-1305196000_thumb.jpg

Guest sandy77uk

Just out of curiosity can you iva a car you haven't built? i thought you needed build photos of "you" building the car..

Its not that you've built the car, you have to prove its an Amatuer build and didn't have professional help

Note all build photos have been taken I've been assured. So items re seat belt mountings etc, should all be covered by the photos which will be included in the sale. Obviously up to purchaser to check this. The seller had contacted GBS and they were prepared to put it through IVA for him so that is another option for any likely purchaser. On here for a short while before it goes on ebay...

I BOUGHT IT JUST GETTING A TRAILER ORGANISED TO COLLECT SO THANKS TO LEE AND THIS WEB SITE!! Regards Dave

Does this mean we might see you in it at our next area meeting a week tomorrow?

Venue Malt Shovel Pub, A45 Stonebridge, Birmingham CV7 7HL

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=cv7+7hl&aq=&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=9.42749,41.572266&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Coventry,+West+Midlands+CV7+7HL,+United+Kingdom&z=15

Entrance to pub car park is off the A452 Chester Road heading North 50 yards from the island

Guest MarkB
I BOUGHT IT JUST GETTING A TRAILER ORGANISED TO COLLECT SO THANKS TO LEE AND THIS WEB SITE!! Regards Dave

i know, Lee told me when i rang him, unfortunatly i didn't listen to my wife when it first got put on the site.

Guest motokustom

i know, Lee told me when i rang him, unfortunatly i didn't listen to my wife when it first got put on the site.

Meet in a week! Strewth it will take that long to check it over and fill in the paperwork on the slippery slope of the SVA mind you I see alot of people are worried about this? I used to fly aircraft and having put several through airworthiness tests the SVA looks or sounds pretty harsh but nothing that cannot be overcome! I am told to read the book again and again to ensure I have applied it to the car... maybe next summer... LOL

Guest dinger

I Love your optamism and personally I think that is a bargain,

There may be some work to put it through IVA but well worth the money and the headache in the end, ALthough the car is 90% finished it usually take 90% of the time finishing the lasr 10%,

The hardest thing when buying a part built kit is proving it was built by an individual and if there are no build phot's or reciepts then its usually a strip down and rebuild situation,

None of my pics for IVA had myself in them so you dont have to prove that you built it but reciepts in your name will aid the IVA and registration process,

At a guess I'd say you have a further |£1500 th £2000 to put this car on the road, But as I said above, still a bargain.

Good luck and look forward to seeing it at a show,

P.s, Make sure you support this club and join as a fully fledged member, the benefits out weigh the price imho

Dave

Guest motokustom

Hi guys here is an update, Lee and his Dad (now sadly departed) put 10 years into building what can only be described as a first class car. I have a friend who is an MOT inspector and he looked over the car today and was very impressed indeed! It really is finished and although I will check it all over before the SVA. Today I got the donor cars V5 transferred no problem into my name. First step done. Next is to book an SVA test. I expect it to fail, as it seems that a very high majority do? Correct me if I am wrong here! As in aircraft, this is usual, and then you get a fix or snag list. I will then attend to these faults without delay, pay the man - as always! and a MAC...hopefully... yes I am optimistic because I know of no other way.

Last year I got cancer and have had a year out of work. I got very ill indeed and still I am not cured... I have major upcoming surgery on July 14th. I refuse to be morose or beaten and the doctors tell me and my close family it is indeed this outlook that has kept me going! So in the scope of things a SVA test is moreof a challenge to me with ripe pickings at the end, ie: no MOT for 3 years YEA!

Yes maybe I may be a bit rosy eyed but the quality of the car I bought is really a credit to the builders and I have a fist full of build photos to take to the SVA test. The donor V5 is soon to be registered and sorned in my name. I even have the VIN Plates from the donor Sierra to. Lee was extreemly thorough in his paper work and to this end it has helped me alot to get familiar with everything.

If there is anything else you can think of that could cause any trouble please please do pm me and I can address this. I truly beleive nothing is unsurmountable, if it were none of us would have these cars? :) How many of you, and how many times, have you had to walk away, claiming something is just impossible on the build? I have indeed joined RHOCAR and paid the dues so here's I hope to a great club and a great source of help - because I know I will need some. Actually got some stuff to do now and will need some help while I am currently dabilitated by y illnress.... any helpers greatfully received!

Regards and best wishes to all Dave Newby 07854 928755

Guest motokustom

UPDATE : I have the car ready for the test. I stand corrected and it seems that my initial calculations were somewhat incorrect! So here is what I have spent. The car was bought at a very decent price. I could not get on with the seats though, as no room was left! So a fraction under £200 later and new seats were procured. The same ones used for the Xero. I then decided to enable entry and exit without "de-manning" myself a removeable steering wheel would be the answer... I bought a decent bit of kit for £100. New it is £140 and I got it in a sale. Then I noted my boss and wheel stud pattern were different. So a used Sparco wheel cost £50 and a used boss cost £30. It mounts up!

I had been online and found what I thought was an upto date VOSA price list. It said £190 I think for a test (SVA) and something like £38 for a re test... WELL I decided to use Paul Jepson to enable the job to be done right! His fee was £45 and reasonable as he always answers his phone and is never too busy to help. I had already managed to register the 1987 Donor Siera in my name and sorn it ok. A new V5 is in my possesion. Paul assured me I would now get the age related plate I was after.

Being rather ignorant I assumed (always dangerous!) that I would get a free tax disc as 25 years old? Oh no I am told that scheme was scrapped - darn it! So more money needed.

Here is what I ended up paying for any newcomers... SVA/VOSA FEE £450.00 - OUCH! then £55.00 DVLA REGISTRATION FEE and also £118.25 for 6 MONTHS ROAD FUND LICENCE I got it all added and it was £668 and thats if it passes the SVA! OR another £90 re test fee... so I am nearing the end now...Oh and I insured today with Frank Pickles fully Comp £120 and change. That covers my dad too and 4K a year. Odd bit was if I bin it and claim - they supply parts only and I fit them and reduced premium. Of course if it is not my fault then usual rules. Oh and a £200 excess.

So in the next few months I will receive a test date. I could drive myself insane going over and over my car but I know it is right - to me anyway so if it fails, Ill get a snag list and finally the MAC Cert - PLEASE!! :)

So thanks all for the information. I did not mean to question anyones wisdom but I was acting on what I had found online. And it said 2011 fee list? Maybe I noted the wrong class? Still Paul Jepson has been a saviour in this mine field and I would definately use him again! Regards Dave