Big Oooooooooppppsss

Guest MarkB

Guest MarkB

Took Emmas hood for a little spin tonight, checked nowt was hanging out of the boot, no screws left under the tyres, seat belt on, lights on, plenty of fuel...... we are off...... pulled to the end of road and thought whats that little tinkling noise i can hear from the front...... i then thought "be right, check it when i get home....... bad mistake!!!! got to 40mph and the tinkling stopped... just a shame my nearside front wheel didnt..... even tho i had!!!!!

Lesson 1, check wheel nut torque BEFORE i embark on a quick tootle round the village.

Now to relax in the bath and hope my sphincter returns to its normal size :fool: :fool: :fool: :fool: :fool: :fool:

Guest MarkB

You Tit..... :fool: :air_kiss:

I called myself worse names, couldn't believe how far the bugger spun up the road, im glad nobody saw me chasing after it :pardon: :pardon: :pardon: :pardon: :pardon:

Guest mikea

In my teenage years I had a spitfire ... wire wheels .. but with one wrongly handed centre spline ... so I found out having stopped at traffic lights when one front wheel didnt .. knocked a motorcyclist over .. he was not best pleased and I had to buy him a new exhaust .. down to the scrappy next day .. replacement correctly handed centre spline acquired !

I had a dolly sprint wheel part company from me in my youthful days. Just pulling out of a petrol station span the back wheels up and the wheel launched itself down the road like a scared rabbit. Bloody alloy wheel nuts. Very light and very prone to stripping. They banned them on the track cars. Luckily it continued down the road on the wheel drum so no serious damage. Lost all the wheel nuts from that wheel though. Had to pinch one from each of the others to get home. Hope there was no damage done Mark.

Guest MarkB

This is why i dont fix cars for a living, damage wise, a few score marks on the inside of the alloy, a few scratchs where it scraped along a wall during the "pursuit", the disc has a couple of grazes on the edge (may replace incase of any unseeable damage) but no damage to the car :crazy: found 1 wheel nut.... jacking it up was fun, had to lift the front end on to the jack as it was on the floor.... not good for an angina sufferer. :help:

A few years ago, I was driving on the M1 with brother-in-law and heard a knocking noise. The hard shoulder beckoned, where I found wheel nuts loose on 1 front wheel. Thing is I'd followed him about 40 miles to drop a car off and we were half way home, most of time at 70. Then women wonder why we have to check our nuts!

Nick

After a very frustrating day trying to get the handbrake to work properly on my old BMW (handbrake lever mount was eventually found to have been replaced in the wrong position by previous owner/idiot) with the rear wheels on and off all day, the missus demanded to be taken to asda, something about the lack of food in the house, how picky is that? So I was a bit miffed at having to take all the tools 2 flights back upstairs to the flat and whisk her off to go shopping. Journey of only 3 miles, got there ok but on the way back I hear a funny knocking noise? I wonder aloud what it is to which the missus replies "it sounds like the wheels are falling off" to which I reply "don't be stupid, I've done the nuts up properly" only to discover a few moments later that I hadn't! I hate it when she is right and I'm wrong!