Buying A Roin Hood

Guest rikky

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Davey B

Hi to everyone on here i'm a virgin when it comes to kit cars but i do like the Robin Hood. I am looking to swop/part ex my 1200 Bandit for one though i have no idea what one to get, can anyone point me in the right direction as to which is which !! What is it like to own one, what should i look for, should i go for a zetec engine, any horror stories, whats it like to have your backside inches off the ground, anyone in Durham who can offer me a sit in one not sure if i'm gonna like sitting that low, any advice will be most appreciated. Thanks....

Hi Dave

Get yourself along to the church mouse between Ch-le-st and Durham

http://www.vintageinn.co.uk/thechurchmousechesterlestreet/findus/

On the last Wed of the month (30th this month) for the North east area monthly meet.

A lot of the cars are now SORN but I am sure you will get some offers to go and see them and plenty of advice as to what to look out for.

HTH

Hi Davey

7-30 / 8-00 pm, I'll PM you my mobile number if you want, or you could just hang around in the car park and ask every bloke that pulls in if you can have a ride in his car LOL.

I'll be at the door at 7-30 having a fag, barber type coat, fat and bald.

See you there

Guest mower man

Hi all

This is all very good advice. Exactly what I was looking for, so thankyou. I'm from chesterfield. Is their any other members around here.

Rikky

I'm in Worksop not to far away and there are several more close mower man [mick]

Guest Ingesjo

Hi

Just bought myself a S7 replica

It can be an early Robin Hood

1st registration year 1990 As an Caterham but I know that's wrong

The chassis number is starting with SABTVR03819

Mostly of the donor parts seems to be Triumph (Motor etc same as Spitfire)

Already been in contact with GBS UK

The answer from them is as follows

Hi Ingemar

It does look like it could be an old Robin Hood one of the very early first cars made in around the early 1980s

Kind Regards

Richard Hall

Can anyone of you help me with some more details??

Regards

Ingemar

Welcome Ingemar. You can do some research on http://nw.rhocar.org/ where there are photographs to help you identify your model. The easiest way is the changes in front suspension design over the years. If you can post some pictures of your car that would be great.

This website is an excellent resource. Any questions, information, problems, solutions that you need will all have been experienced by someone in the past. Just ask.

Nigel

Well that looks like Triumph Spitfire/GT6 front suspension. Looks like it has a spaceframe chassis. Overall it does have a Robin Hood look to it. A very early S7 I think but not dolomite based.

There are others more knowledgeable about the early models. I hope one of them will be along in a moment for further identification.

Perhaps you could start another thread to draw attention, and ask for identification information. A good well exposed close up of the front suspension on one side would help. They are not the clearest pics I have ever seen.

Nigel

Guest Ingesjo

Nope not to clear pictures I know I was forced to shrink the pictures to be able to upload.

Will take some more detail pictures when the car is brought over to Sweden…

Observe the Kit is in fact well built ..

The motor is a Triumph 1500 cc what I can see

Back shaft is also Triumph based

Thanks for spending your time

Ingemar

its definitely not a Dolomite based S7, dashboard looks like it could be Robin Hood, but a little neater, bulkhead and pedal box area looks better than Robin Hoods of that period and the windscreen has more curve to the bottom edge than the Robin Hood item.

Some locosts have been made with Triumph suspension, and there is talk of some very early Caterhams having the same front suspension along with Morris Marina/Ital rear axle