Buying A Roin Hood

Guest rikky

Guest rikky

Hi all

I'm new to this forum and robin hoods. I'm going to look at a robin hood 2b this weekend to purchase, Can any of you tell me any points I should look for and things I should check when buying a second hand 2b.

Thanks in advance

Rikky.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shaggy

"Buying a Roin Hood" --- check there is nothing missing!! :unsure:

Well that's a good starting point at any rate.....

Check all 6 wheels are attached, as mine came off up the Ponderosa a couple of years ago - the steering wheel that is.

Advice i would give is put your location in you user profile there may be a member near you that will show you their car and give you some pointers, or even come and view it with you.Other advice join the owners club you will save on insurance and get all the other benefits of the club.

Check the NW RHOCAR website to identify exactly what model it is.

The 2B became a generic term & many other types have been advertised as a 2B.

Get the date RH sold it....that should also help identify it.

Beware the sliding pillar version....dont necessarily pass it up, but it should sell far cheaper than a model with wishbones.

If its registered, make sure it says "Robin Hood" in the logbook & not SIERRA, otherwise you will either have to take the IVA test or face aggravation with DVLA/VOSA.

Apart from that, just treat it as any other car...check for steering/suspension play, good even braking, no brake fluid leaks, check engine filler cap for cappuchino, rad cap for signs of oil, engine for nasty noises, gearbox for clean changes etc.

HTH Bob

Guest rikky

Hi all

This is all very good advice. Exactly what I was looking for, so thankyou. I'm from chesterfield. Is their any other members around here.

Rikky

Hi all

This is all very good advice. Exactly what I was looking for, so thankyou. I'm from chesterfield. Is their any other members around here.

Rikky

you have one of the best group of guys (and girls emma ) round you may be one will come and point you in the right direction. Just a bit far north!!! for me Rikky ( dam divide!!!). But seriously if you want to view a car in the Leicestershire area and need a member to come along with you let me know

Hi, There's a few of us in the South yorks, North derbys area. As Dan says, get along to Fox House, 1st wednesday of every month (7:30 onwards)

There's always at least 1 2B, I'll not be there next week, but feel free to PM me to have a look round my 2B.

Nick

Hi Rikky,

I'm probably your nearest area secretary (if not officially your area), so if you need any help, get in touch!

Andy

Interesting you meet in Hathersage, I go once a year with a group of overgrown/elderly boy scouts for a weekend, The Little John is where we go, some nice beers scary landlady, does it ever shut? never seen a Hood around there though.

Guest rikky

Hi all

Im now the proud owner of a 2B. Just drove it back from Wales an what great fun. Thanks for all your help and advice. I'll see you at the Fox House on Wednesday.

Thanks again.

(I meant Robin not Roin!)

Ricky