Pre-iva

Guest sandy77uk

Guest sandy77uk

Looking for obvious things (I know the dot4 sticker is missing and i know about the fog light, but other than that

batterya.jpg

enginel.jpg

nsfb.jpg

nsrvu.jpg

osfw.jpg

osrss.jpg

scuttlem.jpg

seatsm.jpg

thanks in advance guys :)

Edge trim around the exhaust silencer ends.

Something to stop the sphere of doom contacting the Lambda sensor / mounting.

The front flexis look a little 'taut'? ensure they don't 'stretch' or contact anything when the steering is operated.

Are the front indicators on extensions? to achieve the required distance from the widest part of the of the car.

Steering wheel centre cap

and the most popular problem at the minute..... can you easily access the harness lower adjusters with the seats

furthest forward (if adjustable)

Edge trim around the nose cone.

Fog light only works with dipped and main beam only?

Emissions check prior to the test?

Speedo accuracy?

Noise test?

:shok: Sorry for the long list, but a possible re-test is ouch ££ :good:

HTH,

Nick.

Guest sandy77uk

Edge trim around the exhaust silencer ends. - how do you mean, on the physical exhaust itself?

Something to stop the sphere of doom contacting the Lambda sensor / mounting. - that bit gets seriously hot so no idea how to do that

The front flexis look a little 'taut'? ensure they don't 'stretch' or contact anything when the steering is operated. - checked, lock to lock no contact

Are the front indicators on extensions? to achieve the required distance from the widest part of the of the car. - nope not the right length i have them for the iva though

Steering wheel centre cap - noted, was missing for the photo

and the most popular problem at the minute..... can you easily access the harness lower adjusters with the seats

furthest forward (if adjustable) - my seats are on runns, but you can hardly move them forward anyway and as soon as they do move forard there is enough space to get in and play with the slack (the issue is when they are as far backas they can go)

Edge trim around the nose cone. - is that all the way round then?

Fog light only works with dipped and main beam only? - yeap

Emissions check prior to the test? - had one without a cat and only just failed, cat will be on for test

Speedo accuracy? - as much as I can test

Noise test? - again not tested

thanks fella, appreciate it

Exhaust trim, yep..... all around the ends of the 'can'. I used the alloy coloured C section stuff. It won't melt for the IVA. (But does after a spirited drive!) :spiteful:

Dinger or Dad can help with the Lambda area?

Harness adjustment is a hot potato with the IVA at the minute (God knows why)

Nose cone.... any external corner contactable with the sphere requires a radius or blunting (dependant on distance of protrusion) so yes, edge trim the nose cone.

Best of luck with the test, and i know i've already done it, but honestly, its not as bad as expected! i'm sure others will agree.

:drinks:

Nick.

"Something to stop the sphere of doom contacting the Lambda sensor / mounting. - that bit gets seriously hot so no idea how to do that"

Fabricate a shield from alloy,

"and the most popular problem at the minute..... can you easily access the harness lower adjusters with the seats

furthest forward (if adjustable) - my seats are on runns, but you can hardly move them forward anyway and as soon as they do move forard there is enough space to get in and play with the slack (the issue is when they are as far backas they can go)"

One tester tests with the seat fully forward, don't know which station. Nottingham testers say it should NOT be tested fully forward, and generally move the seat to a "Mr Average" position. "In the opinion of the tester at the time of testing"

Regards

Guest ethanicus

Top harness adjuster need to be Inside the seat harness holes

Edges on top rear harness mounts need radius edge

Wrap exhaust around the lambda sensor

Mirrors

Need to cover the nut on wishbones a bit better

Have you had emissions tested :-)

Looks very good though

good luck on the day but remember they want you pass

Guest sandy77uk

Top harness adjuster need to be Inside the seat harness holes

Edges on top rear harness mounts need radius edge

Wrap exhaust around the lambda sensor

Mirrors

Need to cover the nut on wishbones a bit better

Have you had emissions tested :-)

Looks very good though

good luck on the day but remember they want you pass

the nuts on the wishbones aren't covered yet, I've still the geometry to do so the pastic covers are just next to them ready to pull across, not sure i know which bit you mean about the top adjuster, i always thought that should be around the breast bone

Mirros are deliberately not on yet

had emissions test, just failed, cat gets welded on next week

Guest Alan_builder

The car looks nice.

The front shock adjusting nut (the castles) need a cover and the thumb screw adjuster. I have just seen the castles fail but not the thumb screw, don't know why not for the thumb screw. Plastic air / water pipr, the kind with reinforcing in. Slit down the inside and cut to the circumference. Fix with cable tie on join with 2 holes through pipe ether side of join. Pisition cable tie so ball can't get to it.

Copper pipe opened up and crimped back together on end of silencer

Central and offside mirror a must..

The car looks nice.

The front shock adjusting nut (the castles) need a cover and the thumb screw adjuster. I have just seen the castles fail but not the thumb screw, don't know why not for the thumb screw. Plastic air / water pipr, the kind with reinforcing in. Slit down the inside and cut to the circumference. Fix with cable tie on join with 2 holes through pipe ether side of join. Pisition cable tie so ball can't get to it.

Copper pipe opened up and crimped back together on end of silencer

Central and offside mirror a must..

Alan, the area that is created within the front wishbones (upper to lower) is now exempt from the Sphere of doom test. :good:

Mine went through no problem with just the bare shocks.

Nick.

Guest Kennedy48

Alan, the area that is created within the front wishbones (upper to lower) is now exempt from the Sphere of doom test. :good:

Mine went through no problem with just the bare shocks.

Nick.

the guy couple weeks ago shoved his sphere in my wishbones. so it's not tested now but do you do it for the safety. Don't want to confuse.