Are You Sitting Down

How smart is your right foot  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

HOW SMART IS YOUR RIGHT FOOT?

1. While sitting at your desk in front of your computer, lift your

right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles.

2. Now, while doing this, draw the number '6' in the air with your

right hand. Your foot will change direction.

I remember some research was done into the wrong hands on the bars thing many years ago. The testers constructed a bike with reverse motion geared handlebars that turned the wheel left when you turned the bars right. They found that many of those tested became proficient at riding this way but then fell off their normal bikes. I can't remember what this was supposed to prove and filed it under useless information to clutter my.

My foot reversed rotation when I wrote the 6.

I remember when i was landscaping, driving a truck round some huge car parks with a couple of lads on the back throwing bark mulch into borders. This went on for days and days. Out of pure boredom I decided to operate the angry pedal with my left foot and the clutch with my right. Very difficult and very dangerous but I got there in the end

:rofl: :diablo: :crazy:

Guest The Modfather

I done similar in the very first auto I drove. I pulled out quickly into a line of fast moving traffic, and was listening to the engine revs, when I thought "Gear change coming up" I then proceeded to use what would be the now retired left foot to slam the clutch pedal down in order to do said quick gear change, only to find that I no longer own a clutch pedal, but I do now own a rather wide brake pedal. My car stopped, quickly, as did the cars behind me (in a cloud of rubber smoke) and being a quick thinker, I wave my hand furiously at the invisible dog that had ran out in front of me.

Out of courtesy I then lift right hand and thank the new heart attack victim that is behind me for not ramming me, and we proceed very red faced!

Guest Ian Marr

Top one Steve. Mine and Ally's feet both changed direction - Ally also nearly wet herself laughing.

I remember once driving my car back from Doncaster to High Melton (some 6 miles?) - well I say drive. I was in the driving seat, but the guy behind was steering by reaching over my shoulders and the front passenger was doing the gear changes. I did the pedals. None of it on the queen's highway ;-). Roundabouts challenging - second only to overtaking.

taught myself to left foot brake as my choke didn't work on a car i owned years ago. i'd drive up to junctions knock it out of gear and left foot brake whilst right foot kept the revs up. Didn't take long to adjust and realise you need a lot less force than the left thinks it needed.

I had to stop myself crossing my legs a few times when driving an RV with cruise control in Canada. nice straight roads etc and i'd find myself thinking i'll just cross my legs for a bit ooops probably shouldn't.

I've always been a bit weird with left and right though. have to check and double check if someone says turn left etc. whats even weirder i learn't greek a couple of years ago and i actually know left and right better in greek???? i think its stored in a different part of my weird brain.

Another odd thing i did was to switch my mouse hand. i was getting RSI from using a mouse with my right hand so i had to learn to use the left. I'm now as fast with both and sometimes forget which is the hand that is ment to be best. what is weird though is that i tried switching the mouse buttons to left hand mouse but couldn't do that so i use left hand with right hand buttons.

probably said too much... :crazy: