Annual Mileage ?

Guest Brian T

Guest Brian T

Hi, just out of interest, what sort of mileage do you guys do if you use your car as a second vehicle and use it for the odd Sunday drive out and not much more?

I'm probably only going to use mine during summer and even then it won't be a regular thing, unless the sun is really beating down and the air con is out on the Shogun, got the kids in tow as well usually.

For the Insurance I said 1,500 miles, gives me an average of 60 miles a week over the full year but if only taxed and used for 6 months it gives 120 a week roughly, should be plenty i would have thought. What do you reckon?

Check what the difference is with your insurance company. Most are happy to give you 3k for a reduced price, but don't come down much more for fewer miles.

Once the bug bites, you'll find any excuse to use it!!!

Guest Alan_builder

4500 miles

X mas dinner, 5 Kit car shows, 10 RH meets, 5 Shows for showing off, Le Mans, 1, 2,or 3 camping trips.

40 miles 1000 miles 400 miles 400 miles 1500 miles 1000 miles

and thats when it's not hot because when it is one will use the shogun with the aircon.

Guest Brian T

Thanks for the info, I've asked if I reach my 1,500 limit can I up it and they said it was ok and should be about £15 for an additional 1,500 miles, too late to do it on the day as he'd already generated the Policy and it wouldn't let him change it until it was all actually set up or something? I did make sure there was no £15 plus an "Admin fee of £25 for Policy change". We'll see how it goes, Dartmoor is 2 miles away with some lovely roads, that 1,500 may go a lot quicker than I first thought you know !