2B & 2B+

Guest paisesmediterraneos

Guest paisesmediterraneos

Excuse me , may be it's and obvious thing, but I am novice about kitcars and I have not many information in Spain.

Which is the difference between the 2B and 2B+??, only to know which one I have.

Regards, David.

was way it was sold, 2b was sliding pillar, , then wishbone and if you went for stainless chassi, what you want is a 2b with wihbone front,

sliding pillar ok, but far better with proper wishbones, when fitted with shock form the likes of gaz, or any proper shocker not the green zimmerides,

Mitch

the plus was i think the stainless chassi option with wishbones only, ms chassi was both wish bones and sliding pillar , there were probably other items which were in it too,

cant remeber without digging sales book

looking at your pic its a 2b with wishbones , but is it stainless chassi and panels ??

Mitch

Guest peter2b2002

just found my original robin hood sale order book, it sayes the 2B+ is similar to the 2B/4 which had sliding pillar front suspension where as the 2B+ had double wishbone front suspension, in addition the 2B+ , the name comes from 1 kit+ 1 donor = 1 car , the full kit with s/s chassis and panels, wheels, lights , exhaust and more

at this time 2002 the 2B/4 was £1295, the 2B+ was £3000, and the super spec was £6000, there was also the light weight @ £995 all +vat

those were the days

peter2b

Guest arf!!

the 2b+ has a stainless chassis, scrape a bit of black of, chances are its mild steel there for its a 2b or have a look around the welded joints for sings of rust where it has been wet

Guest arf!!

from what i see of your car its is a 2b mild steel, why go to the trouble of getting the wishbones done in stainless and then go and paint the chassie black?? (is it paint or powder coated)

Edited by arf!!

i would guess it is a mild steel chassis as i think the later stainless ones had a return on the headlight mounting plates. I.E there was a 1/2inch lip at the front edge rather than having to have edge trim which it looks like yours has. (same as mine). But i could be wrong on that.

I think it was a bit confusing as i have a 2b with optional wishbones but i don't think it was called the 2b plus at the time it was just an option, as were stainless panels.

The later 2b's also had a different engine bay to take the ford dohc engine and has tubes that go more around the engine bay and the pedal mount area is part of the chassis i think.

Its definitely not a 2b/4 as the suspension is different on the front end.

hth

The 2B + does not have to be a stainless steel chassis. The Plus was an upgrade to the "basic" 2B kit. It included all sorts of bits, steering rack, ights etc.

Mine is a 2B plus with mild steel chassis and bodywork.....I paid the extra for the "plus kit".. in 2001.

Graham

Sept 2001 pickup

Project 2B KIT NEW £1835

40ltr stainless tank £85

Plus pack including double wishbone suspension £300

VAT £388.50

Total £2608.50

By the way ---wasn't yellow GRP for the super spec?, dont remember it being offered when I picked my kit..

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mark kingston

the 2b sliding pillar was available with the stainless chassis as an extra (i know as mine is stainless which i brought direct from robinhood back when the 2B was launched) another option was the stainless body panels. sadly back then wishbones where not offered.

ans back then you got full fibreglass rear wheel arches similar to privious models and not just the fibreglass outer edge as offered later.

regards

mark kingston