2B 300/350 Lb Gaz Shocks On Rear?

baj25

I’ve had 300lb gazes on rear of my 2B for a few years now, but I still ground out too often, and have a feeling of wallowing a bit when heavily loaded. If I increase the damping, the ride gets too harsh and skittery. I am interested in changing to 350lb springs- has anyone done same change or got 350s on that could give observations on how car is with 350s? Anyone got any suspension calcs they have done for 2B, I’ve got a few but they are inconclusive. And finally, anyone know cheap suppliers of springs (10”/1.9”ID)? TIA, Bri

Guest mower man

LIft ride height a little should help ! ,a lot depends on load carried tho ,another 50 on the springs will cure it but may be harsh --HTH mowerman

im changing my 300lbs to 350 next week...i can advise from then and im raising it a little too.

it sits well. but when me and the mrs on board it lowers it too much

so hopint to set ride height as is now when loaded

Guest MarkB

im changing my 300lbs to 350 next week...i can advise from then and im raising it a little too.

it sits well. but when me and the mrs on board it lowers it too much

so hopint to set ride height as is now when loaded

And they are sat on my desk looking all shiney and new

Guest shorty

Hi changed mine from 300lb to 350lb for the same reason grounding too much.I am usually 2 up the car is much better now only grounding out when driven hard on lumpy roads.well worth doing.

Artie

Mac, did you change them yet?

Grim, I checked on my existing dampers and 8" would be too short, thanks though.

Rally Design seem cheapest (excluding P&P)- I rang them and asked if i bought some would they take them to Stoneleigh to save P&P- they wouldn't entertain it. Oh well, others are keener!. Bri

• 4 weeks later...

Well, fitted the 350 lb springs I got at Stoneleigh and now had chance to try them out over a variety of roads. I much prefer the ride now, it is noticeably firmer at the back, but no increased tendency to oversteer which I feared, and not overly harsh. I might be imagining a bit less body roll. I certainly surprised the bike that was behind me through some twisties on the way to work this morning. 44 notes well spent IMHO.

• 6 months later...

doesn't matter what the sierra ones are .it weighs nearly twice as much

i read this as more of an 'out of interest' question. I too would like to know what the sierra ones are as i have them on my car (and sierra shocks) not that it relates to what to replace them with as such just wondering. Mine does bottom out occasionally when i drop quickly into a dip at speed.

think i will be upgrading all round in the new year as would like fully adjustable dampers etc. although i do think the sierra springs/shocks do give a good ride considering.