Now Confused

Guest WayneB

Guest WayneB

Hi all I need HELP, hope this is not a silly question on this forum (I know it is) but been to Stonleigh today (bank holiday monday) spoke to GBS about a new zero like it very much but also like Quantum, MK and tiger (are they all the same just different badge) what are your thoughts or are you all GBS. pros and cons for all if pos.

Thanks Wayne

Hi Wayne,

Short answer is no, they're all massively different. At a distance and to an unfamiliar eye though i suppose they do look similar.

I've built a Zero from GBS, had no problems with the kit or GBS what so ever, highly recommended mate.

Would i build another Zero? No, I'd go straight for the Roadrunner SR2 as they stand at the moment.

Sorry, can't comment on the others you mention other than the Tigers are very small

HTH,

Nick.

Quantum are still stainless monocoque chassis I think and more expensive than most 'cheap' sevens. GBS kit has been much developed over the last couple of years and now rivals the more expensive sevens in chassis performance and ease of build. Tiger has been easily outstripped by GBS and others and offers a base level kit IMO. MK. Well developed longstanding good seven kit but not as easy a build as GBS and I wish they would sort the self centering problems of the front suspension. I think I would go GBS at the present time.

Nigel

Guest klem

HI

I was in a pretty similar situation myself.

over the past few months Ive managed to get a good look at most of the completed kits you mentioned and inspected the chassis' at Stoneleigh over the weekend... all this has just reinforced my decision to go with GBS. They have a quality product with the Zero and they are a genuinely great bunch of people.

to answer some of your questions:

The Tigers are a bit small and the finishing on the chassis looked very rough, open end tubes, scruffy welds etc... really put me off!

The MK's look nice but most of the owners comment that the standard chassis isnt very stiff and that customer service can be very hit and miss. The new Indy R apparently solves the first problem though.

The MNR, again, looks nice and gets a great review but its more expensive (I think) than the Zero and felt quite narrow. I'm not convinced that the inboard suspension isn't a bit "gimmicky" either... it does provide a unique selling point but this to me doesnt necessarily translate to better.

Thats my impression as a relative noob so read into it as you will.

Cheers

Klem

Personally I would buy an MNR as I feel they offer the highest quality product and can provide a totally comprehensive kit (just add fluids!) which is what I would want.

The MNR chassis is all round tube and IMO the chassis looks better put together than other manufacturers. I saw some chassis' at autosport that had some very ugly looking welds on them

Guest WayneB

Hi all thanks for your help, I think i'll be heading for the ZERO, all the others look good but after a few phone GBS seem the most helpfull so as soon as i can get my money together i'll have one.

Thanks again Wayne

Guest jasonmorris

Afraid Im with Shaft on this one with the Roadrunner SR2. Kit looks of excellent quality and the donor is an MX5 which means lightweight, plenty of parts, and masses of tuning possibilities. Plus its extremely well developed and bloody quick around a track. Speak to terry (tazzman) on here about the build as he has all but completed one and is virtually ready for IVA.

Just my opinion of course.

Jason