Chassis Gaps Between Suspsension

Guest tom-zero

maybe i need to check the bushes and lengh of the tubes as i havent adjusted theses at all i just fited them straight out the pack i asumed they were the right lengh lol

No, no, no :) The tubes need to be ground down to length to suit each bushing. Also grind a small taper onto the ends - not much - just enough so that inserting these tubes don't cut any of the nylon bushes

I think they should be about 0.1 mm larger than the overall length of the suspension + bushes

(Can't remember exactly - phone GBS to confirm)

Simon.

Hello,

Extra information. I had to take back one lower rear wishbone as the bolt would NOT go through the outer ends as the welding had distorted the wishbone too much for it to fit.

Not all parts may fit perfectly but they should go together easily if they are not distorted to begin with.

Try the upper wishbone the other way up - just in case :)

Simon.

Guest tom-zero

thanks for all the advice guys i think saturday will be my next proper day on the car and i will spend that sorting out the bushes and crush tubes, i shouldnt have rushed in to start with i just wanted the car to look like i had achieved something lol

i will take them off and do them properly

Have a word with Mcramsay on here Tom. He was a young lad eager beavering fast and head long into his build.

Lots of mistakes and expensive changes of mind.

He now has a cracking Zero on the road and driving around laughing (and possibly cringing) at the earlier rush.

Slow Down and Enjoy it mate............ it isn''t a bloody race! :drinks:

Guest mower man

+1 to comments about taking your time,it can be very expensive rushing a build, progress slowly and get it right I don't know alot about the Zero but there are many on here who do and are more than willing to help , the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!, chill out and enjoy mower man

As said some bits of the chassis may not be perfectly symetrical the important part is getting all four wheels square (well the wheels themselves should be round or its a bumpy ride!).

If you have the front suspension on measure from the back suspension to the front each side and get the measurements as close as possible. If you can measure under the car also do diagonals from the rear to the front suspension to make sure it is square that way too.

If you have a big enough garage with a clean-ish floor you could draw a perfect square on the floor and align the car as best you can.

Obviously it won't be perfect but you should get pretty close.

hth

Guest tom-zero

just a quick update guys i took it all back off tonight and found the notches on all the wishbones i thought it was just on the hub carrier lol i had the lower wishbone on the wrong side hope this solves my issues i will wait till saturday for reasembly but will sort out the crush tubes first, some look ok others stick out a bit far, i wonder if thats why i had problems getting some washers all the way in as spacers.

once again thank you everyone for the advice i dont see how i could ever build a zero without the suport of this forum i really do apreciate the advice you all give

will post again soon with another problem lol

We've all been there Tom. I couldn't have built mine without the invaluable help of Shaft's photos and advice. It was my 'go to' link whenever I was stuck. Which reminds me, I think I must owe you a beer or 3 Nick!! :drinks:

Guest boggybogstar

Tom, im around this weekend if you want to pop over, theres the usual SKCC sunday morning run but should be back by lunchtime, there probably going to be two Zero's on my front drive on sunday being tinkered with so that maybe the better day if you want some advice

Guest tom-zero

yeah that sounds really good tony, i will be at my nans for sunday roast but can prob make it over by about 3 if that fits in with you

We've all been there Tom. I couldn't have built mine without the invaluable help of Shaft's photos and advice. It was my 'go to' link whenever I was stuck. Which reminds me, I think I must owe you a beer or 3 Nick!! :drinks:

Newark then David.... it''s a date! :give_rose: :drinks: :wub:

Cheers for the Blast of Sunshine mate, i guess i was one of the pioneers of the early Zero on here. Theres definately a

fair few good blogs on here now though David, yours included.

That must be worth the membership alone by now i reckon! :ph34r: