Type 9 Quick Shift

neil's

I have just read a article on a DIY quick shift for type 9 gear box. Have many people tried this route and how does it operate or should i stop being tight and just buy one as they are only 30 quid or so. just thinking more beer tokens for this weekend

any comment would be welcome

Guest mcramsay

Oil got the quick shift sticks on eBay, between 40-50 squids, lovley bit of kit. And it works really well. I would go with that personally

same here, 3 nuts, bit of araldite, quick shift in quick time, 9 yrs and still going strong,

Mitch

Hi Mitch

Was that your car i saw at the top barn at Rivington the other week?

I took a few pics when I did mine. Very easy. Most difficult bit was cutting up the old plastic chopping board to make the spacer to lift the fixing plate up off the top of the box.

Don't take the gear lever to bits! That was for demo purposes only and not part of the mod.

Nigel

post-21-0-25952200-1338458753_thumb.jpg

I took a few pics when I did mine. Very easy. Most difficult bit was cutting up the old plastic chopping board to make the spacer to lift the fixing plate up off the top of the box.

Don't take the gear lever to bits! That was for demo purposes only and not part of the mod.

Nigel

Cheers Nigel