Help Required, Leicester

keith kelly

All,

to cut a long story short, after soring out my engine mount after noticing the bolt had sanpped my 1.6 pinto with is now not a happy bunny. She ran beutifully prior to doing this.

she starts up and runs but a bit lumpy and when driving under accelleration she is spluttering. I have changed the plugs, leads and dizzy cap but no joy.

I have put the timing light on all four leads to see if i can pick up a siganl and 1 is good with an odd miss, 2 is as it should be, 3 is as 2 but 4 is only flassing every so often?

Anyway this is an appeal for any assistance in the leicester area this evening to try and get this sorted or i am not going to make donnington :-(

i will be around after 5 ish. and tea, coffee and buiscuits will be made avaliable to any that can assist.

or if you have any ideas please lt me know

thanks

keith

Only took the battery terminal off so should'nt be unless i have upset some cabling

did not remove the inlet,.

would the coil miss on certain cylinders if faulty?

i have a 2L hood on my drive but not sure if the coil and amp would be the same.

there is a tick coming from near the dizzy hinting towards an earth issue.

A tick coming from near the dizzy. Could be HT leak with tracking and the tick you hear is a spark. As it affects mostly cyl 4 I would go start the car in a very dark place and look for the sparks tracking to earth. They could be inside or outside the dizzy cap, or on the course of lead four. Could also be one of the other leads, king lead or on the coil. Duff plug in number 4 could be high resistance forcing sparks intended for that plug to track to earth. As I said best way to find is in the dark. If you can see the engine clearly it's not dark enough. Be careful.

Nigel

thanks all that posted, if you were at donington you will know i made it in the kit all be it a bit later than expected. many thanks all for the online assistance.

After changin everything (Almost) found metal fillings in the dizzy (not sure whare they are from so will be monitoring this).

thanks keith

thanks all that posted, if you were at donington you will know i made it in the kit all be it a bit later than expected. many thanks all for the online assistance.

After changin everything (Almost) found metal fillings in the dizzy (not sure whare they are from so will be monitoring this).

thanks keith

you disappeared before i had chance to give you the dizzy i had in the car for you

nice to see you again, sorry i didn't see more of you and the missus. Keep an eye on that dizzy and keep us informed. Hopefully it was just dirt introduced in the engine work.