Anyone Else Going Mad Not Being Able To Get Out And Drive

agent_zed

Guest Peter Kelly

"SNAP" I have been gassed up and ready to go for three weeks now.

The couple of days of decent weather we had I spent fitting new fascia boards and guttering to my house.

I took the roof and side panels off the Hood ready for the Indian summer we were promised but it just never arrived.

Perhaps next year will be better.

Peter.post-4512-0-80683600-1349093483_thumb.jpg

Guest Ian & Carole

Hoping for an improvement, I have just clicked on the DVLA web site and bought 6 months RFL so lets get a dry and bright autumn.

If not, then hood on and switch on the heater.

They don't call it the beautiful south for nothing; last proper wet outing was with Steve the Boss in Peak District. Last six weeks?? several hundred miles on 2/3 outings per week. But then we are retired & can remember the times when all the bright weather came while at work & it was only seen through the small window at the front of the shop.

Can't complain. Managed to get plenty of miles in, in between the frequent showers. Just clocked up my 1st 1K trouble free miles (yep...nothing has dropped off..........yet! :crazy: ), all done since IVA 6 weeks ago... :acute:

And this is without the creature comforts of roof, doors, wipers, heater etc 8) :db:

• Like 1

Stewart, I insulated the outside of the tunnel with that silver bubble stuff and the inside of the footwell with proper heatmat near the manifold and the stuff you put behind the radiators for the rest of the footwell.

Works well not to hot and more importantly for UK weather also not to cold either

got to give mine a full respray as i have an annoying reaction problem with plastic, water and sunlight. Keeps making my paint go white? weird. But its <£50 to respray and will cover the chips and scratches so hay ho.

Also looking at making glassfibre arches for the rear.

just need it to be dry for a while.

Guest Mr_Frosty

Well I read this and thought I'd go out in mine tonight as it was dry and don't think I've been out in over a month. Only going for a little 30 mile trip.

Wrapped up in two coats and gloves checked the levels and off I went.

about 6 miles down the road it started to p**s down, Just thought sod it. I had the roof on so didn't get that wet when moving.

After thought is that it isn't really that bad in the rain. Can get a bit skiddy but that is fun :)

Anyone been out in the snow?