Woodburner/ Multifuel Burner For Workshop

speedtripledan

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a go at making one out of an old gas bottle.....this is the design similar to that my dad copied for his workshop...and hollowell...plus a few other people...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LARGE-WOODBURNER-PATIO-STOVE-BURNING-SHED-WORKSHOP-LOGS-FIRE-COAL-CHARCOAL-/160907439302?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Conservatory_Patio_bbq_Patio_Covers_Heating&hash=item2576d4acc6&_uhb=1

Just a thought? Loads cheaper and dead easy to make!

Have a go at making one out of an old gas bottle.....this is the design similar to that my dad copied for his workshop...and hollowell...plus a few other people...

http://www.ebay.co.u...76d4acc6&_uhb=1

don't want to kill myself with fumes... or burn my garage down... want a proper one

http://www.ebay.co.u...76d4acc6&_uhb=1

think this one is running throttle bodies looking at the pictures! :crazy:

don't want to kill myself with fumes... or burn my garage down... want a proper one

I dropped on a Clarke Barrel stove locally for £70 at the end of the summer - it's installed and working nicely now. I was fully intending to make one from a gas bottle but for the £70 it wasn't worth the time and effort. There's nothing advanced or fancy in the Clarke one (I struggle to see how they can justify asking for £250+ in Macinemart) so there's no reason for a home-made one to be any more dangerous. So long as the doors are a reasonably close fit and the flue can draw then anything will do the job. Personally I'd like the baffle in mine to extend a little further to encourage a secondary burn as it seems to happen in the bottom of the flue at the moment.

The flue is far more important for safety as if it's done right it'll draw any fumes out of the burner and create a little negative pressure in there so even if it leaks like a sieve you won't get any combustion by-products in the room. I had the flue in place before the burner was sited and with the slightest breeze outside I could stick a piece of cardboard over the end of the thing and it would hold it in place. I half wondered about sticking the vacuum hose on the end of it and having a quick go around the workshop. Once it's warm you can swing the door of the burner wide open and see the flames being drawn to the rear of the chamber and hear it roaring like a jet engine.

Iain

Guest 2bchris

B&Q are currently selling a biethonol fire that can be used indoors or in the garden as it is portable. Fuel is £5 per 2 Litres which apparently lasts 6-8 hours. The fire is £79 at the moment and apparently does not need a flue.

It's dearer than a cabinet heater but could be used in the garden when the wife want's a glass of wine outside without getting her feet cold!

Chris