Question for the masses

Guest Tim Norman

Guest Tim Norman

Question for the masses: We have just signed up member 916. However, 199 of last years members haven't rejoined yet. Do I send them a magazine next month? They all got a reminder in the last mag which prompted 150 to get their cheque book out. If they don't get a mag we will save £400.

Opinions please :D

Cheers

Tim

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Battery Bill

Tim

May I be first to post on this topic and I vote a resounding "NO" if you dont pay your membership you should not get the Magazine! :gdit: :gdit:

Its only £15 surely that wont break the bank :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I personally think you should charge parking fee's to non members who turn up for the shows, I dont think I would feel comfortable parking "Joeys" Hood in the RHOCAR pitch and knowing I had not joined. :gdit: :gdit:

Let them pay or dismay :gdit:

Guest rizla

:o bit harsh bill,but i must agree with you,it is nearly half way threw the year and i cant think of any excuse for not joining.

i must say one thing,£15 is a very small price to pay to be a part of something great that is growing and growing,if i had my way non members wouldnt be able to post on this site either :angry:

Guest Bob's Babe

;) I agree with you. Tim works long and hard for the club (he does drink hard for it at shows too) :lol: but he is starting to get frustrated by this topic. Why stuff an extra 200 mags in envelopes, stamp them and carry them to the post office if these people don't intend to renew :angry: But we don't want to lose those that renew at shows....even though all the forms clearly state Jan to Dec <_< It's a toughie but how long do we wait :rolleyes:

SUE :wub:

Guest rizla
It's a toughie but how long do we wait

i think 5 months is long enough,the post office is not that bad

oh and one more thing,the likes of tim,mick,jim etc do this job not for money but for love of the club to make it in my opinion the best around,i would pay more than the pittence of £15 to be part of it,its about the same price as 3 pax of fags or a few beers and people spend alot more on those than £15

Edited by rizla

Guest Bob's Babe

When did you last carry 900 mags down the road? The post office is about 200yards away so the car is pointless. But even with the kids carrying armfuls it takes us 5 journeys to get them all there :) My kids have arms to their ankles that day :lol: But a p****d off man getting more fed up is my problem...might have to go and try to cheer him up now :wub: :wub:

SUE

Tim

why spend £400 on mags when after a previous reminder they have still not paid

their subs for this year

What about adding the club membership number to this board

correct me if I am wrong but I believe the club makes a donation to mat towards the cost of this forum

If this is so why should non members have full use of this forum when the do not contribute towards rhocar?

You may by now have guessed that my answer to your question is a very large emphatic NO!!

swan

Guest rizla

;) i have a feeling this may be unanamus(spelling)tim and sue

and as swan says dont even let them post on here,that may get them to join :(

Guest bugsy

I suppose that quite a few Members have sold their RH'S for one reason or another and don’t feel like they belong to the club anymore.

Personally i feel that one reminder is enough, there are more people joining than leaving ( I am guessing), I suppose you could put it down to natural wastage.

£400 could be better spent elsewhere within the club.

Just my two p’s worth,

Bugsy

Guest Battery Bill

Oh and while we are on this subject surely as I am a paid up member I should get a parking slot at the shows for the trusty Mondeo :wub: Until Joeys car is finished :lol: :lol:

If this is so why should non members have full use of this forum when the do not contribute towards rhocar?

I'm not to sure if he does get anything but in my opinion all the Big wigs should get a fee for their services, I must admit that its a good thing about the site that anyone can join in but, if they want to join in too much they should pay!

50 posts then pay up :gdit: How does that sound :wacko:

Guest ian luxford

i did say something on non members using this a while ago and i feel that non members should only be allowed a limited posts. that way they can get a feel for the club without having to shell out ( as i doubt anyone would pay to use this unless they already had been using it) also by doing this at least someone just browsing the site might be able to offer some help to members. i know this would make more work for mat but i would of thought it would be easy to program it to only allow say 20 posts in a similar way only members can post for sale.

oh and on the mag....NO! ok maybe the first of the year to act as a reminder but after that i think they arent interested!

damn i wish i could type faster everyones nicked my ideas!! :rolleyes:

Edited by ian luxford

Guest ian luxford

prob cos we are the only ones still awake!!

oh and we want to get our moneys worth even if it does mean staying up all night!

Guest Battery Bill
prob cos we are the only ones still awake!!

And we cant sleep! head is full of cutting mudguards, drilling angles, Oh s**t how can I sort that, I must buy this, will that do?, How on earth can we get that to fit there :lol: :lol:

Oh sorry Rizla you dont know about all this :p :p :p

Sorry guy's, I split the topic as we had all gone off at a tangent, I should have taken this one of Bills as well, but missed it! anyway, I did it because we need to keep this topic on track!!

Edited by Big Jim