Question for the masses

Guest Tim Norman

Guest Battery Bill

Daveq

I know if I get unemployed my union fee's are paid for me perhaps there should be a clause in the club rools to do the same for poor unfortunates like yourself :rolleyes: Even though you go on about batteries too much :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:gdit: :gdit:

I too was unemployed for quite a few months last year, as was one of the commitee, He didint turn round and say he didnt have time to help organise events.

I still supported the club, and the Commitee member still gave alot of his time to help run the club for all our benifits.

I cant make most of the shows this year due to shift patterns, but i still paid my £15.

Pay up and help support the commitee and members who run this has a hobby for us all to benifit.

Without paying members the club would fold, this site which is run at Matts expense would disapear and all those builders who have difficulty with the builds would no longer have anywhere to go for help and advice.

and even if theres not much going on in you're area, whats wrong with you, not organising somthing for others to take part in.

Okay my rants over, but i think all owners or enthusiast's should help support this club, if they want to use its facilitys or join in with the events.

Get your hands in youre pockets and pay up.

Mitch

Member since ordering kit in 2001

Tim, Mick and Pete is it easy to set up a direct debit/standing orders or would it cost too much too organise

EDIT BY Mick M - Answered a few posts up Mitch, but after you posted this so you wont have seen it yet!

Guest rizla

:wub: well said mitch,i couldnt agee more,i have 2 cars(sorry 2 part builts)and would gladly part with more than the current price of membership,having that little card in the wallet gives such a good feeling that you belong

and not just a spectater :wub:

Guest ian luxford

tell me about it must be cos i spend all my time with 17year olds!!

oh are we making this thread go off again??? whoops!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sorry jim we will go to bed early and not spoil threads again!! :wub: :wub:

wheres riz when you need him he gets away with anything! must be the abuse he gets! :lol:

Just to get you back on topic,

Where I am in South Wales there is not much going on for me although there are a couple of hoods that are or will be on the road soon.

I have had no Christmas dining out with other members or gatherings once a month but I still pay my £15 membership because I think it's well worth it.

I go to as many shows as my shift pattern allows and have found them thoroughly enjoyable as everyone is very friendly welcoming. I try to camp over whenever possible to enjoy the atmosphere of the club. Even the raffle which is held over the show weekends (which I have won something once) must be worth joining the club.

Most other clubs would demand a lot more than £15 to be a member and I think that this club must be one of the best.

I've said my bit, now I'm of to bed.

Les

Guest Bob's Babe

Just to answer the direct debit issue, we haven't really looked at it but when talking to a few people they all believe it would be a lot of work at our end. :wacko: At the moment both Tim and I (me being a bit dim on the PC) are able to enter and update all records. Tim is a whizz on the PC with databases but he would have to spend even more time if using bank and direct debit sites to update and check records and statements and money flow. :rolleyes: It may be a case of us now knowing and using this system well and not wanting to make life harder :D but we don't want to make it any more work :p

A decision has been made....Members that have not renewed their membership by the time the new mag reaches us will not be sent a copy :blink: That gives you about 2/3 weeks to get a cheque to us if you want to read my latest rant or what Jim has been up to.... :D Lets hope the hospital hasn't seen him again cos that made me cry laughing :wub:

If you are relying on your membership getting you cheaper insurance then this may be void if you have not renewed. Tim has been asked to check these for the odd body and cannot be expected to bend the truth :D Or so he tells me so I always believe him :unsure: :blink:

SUE :wub: