Question for the masses

Guest Tim Norman

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Troy Halliday

I don't own a Hood and I'm not about to get one. I looked at then, I spoke to a few of you and even went to the Hertfordshire meet to speak to a few of you in person and found that it was not suitable for my requirements. There is nothing wrong with them and the level of build quality is of a good and admirable standard.

I have just joined, I thought it only fair seeing that we had camped out (ooh er misses) at your club area at Stoneleigh and I pic your brains on this site. But, yep here it comes, if you opened the site to memebers only your numbers would soon dwindle and inevitably the site would close. People appreciate a good forum and a place to chat with others who are interested in the same thing. If you introduced a limit or a charge to join the site people would more than not go elswhere. Personaly I like it the way it is, and have stayed for the company ;)

On the subject of sending out the booklets I say NO. I would not expect it. If you don't renew you don't recieve as simple as. You could however have a private post area only open to paid up members where show details and arrangements are made. As a non member I would understand that and kind of expect it.

Well there's my 2p put into the mix.

Guest Tim Norman

She did but wasn't aware she could edit the post. Matt I have sent the cough remedey sorry for the delay.

So in answer to my question thats a NO then.

Guest jawald

This is only my 2nd membership year and I was a bit late in paying finally remembered after reading a post here. I agree that if your not payed up - no mag - but keep the site as it is as non members of the club do seem to add usefull advice etc and my join if this site keeps them 'affiliated'.

Personally I woud not have had the bottle to turn up at Stonliegh if I had not renewed.

Perhaps we could all wear our membership cards in a little plastic wallet around our necks. Or is that too silly - I'd be willing to try and source some for club if anyone thinks its a good idea.

I'm really proud of the club and although not a 'techy' member really enjoy reading all the stuff on the site and seeing all the diversity of hoods at meetings.

Guest Mark P

I have spent along time reading through the posts and I agree :D :D

No membership money No mag........Simple. :angry:

I try to go to as many monthly meetings as possible and when I find out membership is due I pay up straight away. Personally I get embarrassed if I go to the meetings with the knowledge I hadn't renewed :wub:

But I also think this website should stay how it is.

Tim...Be tough.......You have our support :ph34r:

Mark

Guest ian luxford

jon

i am along the coast from you in bognor regis. i havent/couldnt build my car so this site has helped me with a few jobs on my car and given a bit of inspiration and for that i am pleased to give £15 towards all the costs. i went to the stoneleigh show in my exmo it only took 2 and a bit hours and when there it was good to be on the club area. i understand what you mean about things only seem to happen up north so why dont we do something down here? EDIT BY Mick M - There speaks a TRUE Hoodie ! - If you need ANY assistance please feel welcome to ask Tim or myself - our numbers are inside the front cover of the Mag or send a message by clicking on the 'PM' button on any of Tims or My posts - good Luck!

Guest jawald

Just had a thought on original question - why don't we print a yearly direct debit form in the club magazine that would help those members who are forgetful and if you want to leave you just cancel - membership should stay more stable

EDIT BY Mick M - This has been considered - Unfortunately, for as much as WE think the Club is BIG, the banks think we are tiny and costs to set direct debits up would mean having to put the renewal fee UP ! Good thought while it lasted !

Well there you have it! :)

I think that the verdict is, don't send out mags to those who haven't paid.

Leave the site as it is, it works jolly well, and I'm proud to be a contributor to this forum.

I actually think that we should promote "Guests" not stop them.

And things don't just happen "up North" Exeter is over 270 miles (in November) away from us, Newark is 140 miles away, Stoneleigh is 110 miles away, Donington is 108 miles away, and that's from my house, some of the gang are doing another 60 miles on top of that! (Hi Adrian & Lynda :wub: )

Truth is, it's 12 months since we had a meeting, we just don't have time to sit in a pub when the sun is shining! If there's nothing "on" we'll go around to builders who's shown an interest in us visiting them.

I certainly don't organise it all, various members do a bit each. Most people are prepared to organise a run out or something now and again.

I felt very much like Jon, when I got my car, nothing was happening for over 12 months, the area sec had personel problems and stepped down, so I stepped in, and it's only with the help & assistance of EVERYONE else that it seems to work so well. So don't ask "what do I get out of the club?"

Instead ask, "What can I put into the club?"

you don't pay £15 then we entertain you, you get discount on various things (insurance to name one) and 4 colour mags a year, including loads of other items that happen if you turn up at events, but you've got to be in it, to get it.

Guest Battery Bill
I actually think that we should promote "Guests" not stop them.

Hey you "hippo"crit :rolleyes: you were there ripping into Takasaki or whatever his name is for not joining ( as were the rest of us ) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest daveg

Tim/All

Definiately don't send anything to non-members like me :ph34r:

I havn't joined because I was un-employed when I started building and now I have a job I don't have the time to even read a mag :boohoo: all my time goes on building :(

Dave