Question for the masses

Guest Tim Norman

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bob's Babe

But are they easy for those at this end that have to check regularly who has paid, when, how much and what for? :blink: I don't want it all left to Tim cos it is a lot of records etc and I am very slow on these things....It's taken me 18 months to use the basics on the current very simple database and get used to this site :D Not the quickest chick on the block, but as Tim says, I'm good at taking money off people!!? :o

SUE :wub:

Guest mickmellors

Just to follow up on a comment made by Sue -

If you received a discount on your insurance premium for being a RHOCaR Member and have decided NOT to renew your Club Membership please note that we STRONGLY advise you to contact your insurer and let them know that you are not entitled to the discount from 1st January as this is when your Membership ran out. You may have to pay a contribution towards the discount given in advance and now not eligible.

Similarly it is YOUR responsibility to notify your insurer if ANY details change from your original proposal - this includes eligibility to discount - and would almost certainly be looked into by your insurer in the event of a claim, you might even find them not wanting to pay up and you have given them the only excuse they need not to.

As Sue quite rightly said - The Club Officials WILL NOT LIE about your Membership status if asked by an Insurance Company - that would be fraud and I for one am not risking a Court appearance to save someone £15.

I dont know of a single Member to date who has not got at least £10 discount on insurance and most seem to be getting £15 to £20 off. Although I am far from being on the road, I got a quote, just for reference, with £21 discount.

Guest captn Pugwash

:) :) :) Best £15.00 I have spent in a long time, not met a more friendly bunch of people on or off the computer, saying that, not tried the dating services yet, :huh: :huh: :huh: :p ,

Being a member of the club, has given me the chance to meet some excellant people and have a good laugh. Must thank all at stoneliegh, first chance to meet other members. Even My good lady was so impressed with the cars and friendly advice and banter on the club area that she has set her heart on "her own car", . :wacko:

If members do not pay up on time, shame them and name them, or fine them, put the membership up a fiver after a set time, that might make them pay.

Its worth £15.00 just to read Rizla's scribblings,( sorry Ritz). :p :p

To the committee, keep up the good work, its a brilliant club, be proud of what you are and have achieved, LONG MAY IT CONTINUE WITH A FULL MEMBERSHIP.

To those who havent paid up, its your loss, you will miss out. :boohoo: :boohoo:

Guest chris brown
Its worth £15.00 just to read Rizla's scribblings,( sorry Ritz).

couldn’t agree more come on guys pay up and stop being freeloaders. I saved more than £15 on my insurance alone

stop being freeloaders

I thought I'd made my position clear.

Obviously not.

Tim, thanks for the replies. For sure, it is possible to attend the shows wherever they are, but only if your individual circumstances allow it.

Which is why I am unable to reap the rewards of membership, as it were. I am not going to list the demands on my personal time (unless you're really interested, which I doubt) but suffice to say I have not got enough time / energy at the weekends to drive 10 miles, let alone 150+, even if I wanted to (which as it happens I do).

At least I am prepared to stick my neck out and explain myself to you all. Where are the other non members? What are their stories? Might make for a lively debate...!

Guest Andy Rathbone

oooh this a lively one. my views if anyone wants to know?

no membership = no mag final and non negotiable!

the community is great as it is. Nice one Mat :wub: :wub:

if it aint broke dont fix it.

for those forgetful people amongst us (me being one ) just add RHOcar to your crimbo card list, is it realy that difficult to stick a cheque in an envelope?

com'on people get it together and lets stop all the whinging and b*tching, these are things that kill a good club.

shake hands, make friends, Kiss(optional) and make up and pay up if you want a mag and a member sticker. it looks good in the windscreen of any tin top.(hood not finished but annoyingly close)

:wub: to all members and non for what ever reason.

In responce to jon, I understand about the time constraints with other things such as life on the go as well, I also don't get to go to the club stuff which is a shame as Piddy (East Anglia Sec.) does an Excellent job so this board and the shows are my main contact points.

But I'm a member because it's not what you take out of a club it's what you put in, I've done the build and now it's pay back time with advice, motovation and soforth. Thats what the club is for and that's why I suport it.

By the way Jon the original question "Question for the masses, why are people not joining/renewing?" you are the only non member who answerd honestly, good on you. ;)

Guest Rob Walters

This is quite a lively post, now for my two penith worth

The first club mag in the year should be sent out as some people will forget, after this it should cease.

With regards to the club area at shows, I think it should be open to all, with either a section for non members or a leaflet on the windscreen of non members, along the lines of "we noticed from our records that you are not a club member, the benefits of being a club member are...........and this would cost £15, application details are on the back of this leaflet". This is non confrontational but gives people a nudge is the right direction.

£15 for a years membership is a bargain.

I also think it is easy to forget the amount of time committee members, area secs, Mat and many others put into the club to ensure its smooth running, I would like to add my thanks to all those people that make this club what it is.

Guest ian luxford

as this is my first year of enlightenment could you tell me what happens at the end of the year regarding renewal? when do you normally receive the last mag of the year? does it include a form to send off?

Guest chris brown

There is but don’t cut up your mag just go to RHOCaR main site and click on JOIN RHOCaR and use the form there ;)

Errm.... <ahem>

I've been embarrassed by the response from some of the South Coast Hoodies (most of whom I've never heard of) into sorting the 2004 membership out. Tim : Cheque's in the post.

Andy, I'm not whingeing, b*tching or anything else like that. Just giving a straight answer to a straight question. I do not, of course, expect to receive a magazine if I'm not up to date - I never contested that point. And, I would have been happy to pay someting towards those parts of it that I do use (basically this site, which costs in time and bandwidth too I imagine).

Chris, I'm gonna do it now.

<ahem>

Guest chris brown

Jon sorry if you thought I was getting at you this was not the case my comments were for the people who attend the shows and join in with the club. I also know of 1 who clamed to his insurance that he was a member and was proud of the fact that he got a discount. :gdit: :gdit: These are the people that get me going as I think this is the best club there is with this forum also the best and open to all as it should be as there are a lot of non club people (other kits or no kit just interested) who contribute a lot :wub:

Having said that welcome to the club. Try to get to one of the shows and we’ll have a beer mate

Guest Battery Bill

Jon

Well done :D Just think of that insurance discount

Try to get to one of the shows and we’ll have a beer mate

And if you dont make the shows think of the money you will save not buying the beers :lol: :lol:

Not suggesting that Chris does not buy beers though :rolleyes: :rolleyes: