Iva Build Quality And Finish .

Guest julienb

Well I removed a couple of my posts last night to try and keep the piece and be nice. Unfortunately I'm bored, Julien you quite obviously have the tact of an 8 year old child, you continue to not only slag a possible members pride and joy off you then go on to slate the host of cars built by the people of this site. I cannot see what your intention is, I fail to see what brings a person to a club site to spout a loud cr4p. May I suggest that if you wish to become part of this brilliant community, of amateur/professional car builders, you think just a little bit before you type.

...its not up for a 1000 though is it its 3000

I'm afraid you didn't read the message correctly. It does INDEED cost the thick end of £1000 in IVA, DVLA paperwork with the Tax and insurance combined, just to get it onto the road. the extra £2000 was probably a tight budget to build a car with that would be ABLE to pass the IVA.

I think congratulations to anyone who has been through the hassle of IVA etc are in order.

Simon.

..not at all ,but much much better than that,id be ashamed to put my name to that car,but many people say its ok ,all i can say if there must be some very pooor built cars out there

i look forward to seeing your car someday if its going to be that good. build standard is determined by budget and abilty some have both in abundance most dont. yes there are some poor cars around but there owners love them and thats the point
  • Like 1

Perhaps we all ought to post pics of the kits we have built, then the newly appointed judge and jury, julienb, could

advise us on where we went wrong with them?

Just think how much more they'd all be worth with his seal of approval stamped on the V5.

Perhaps he could hold a seminar at VOSA and explain to them what to look for during the IVA, as they are

obviously doing it wrong, currently.

=@

• Like 1

Guest Ian & Carole

Would post a pic of our car but it is maybe too old and decrepid now to be worthy of comment, SVA 2nd attempt been round europe 3 times, "The ring" in 12 mins in the wet, 4k miles without fault or failure, 10 years old and still going strong.

A mere puppy Ian, doesn't even qualify as run in yet;never mind being an old dog. As said above we all build to the best of our ability/budget & are proud of our acheivements. Most of us know the short-comings of our creations & are quick to point them out;but having passed IVA & annual MOT (Florin was tested at first year end ) we motor on in the knowledge that we have a road-worthy vehicle. 18 months & 16,000 miles later Mo & I are still pleased with our toy car.

post-3135-0-51081000-1352416707_thumb.jpg

This is Florin's best side.

well this is getting a little handbags at dawn.

everyone wishing to put a kit car on the road HAS to meet a standard, whether you agree or not, that’s it, how you achieve the standard is totally up to you, and it is clear the standard required does vary from tester to tester, as "opinions" in testing, like this site, do differ.

After the test you are able to do what you like with the car, within reason, its your car, your choice, and your opinion.

the car that started all this off has a registration, and therefore met the testers standard at the time of the test. Since the test, changes have been made, and as shown, if presented for a test tomorrow would it pass?, probably not, but it doesn’t matter, it will never need a test again, provided it meets legal requirement, who are we to judge.

The truth is that we do judge, its human nature, some voice their thoughts, others keep them to themselves, but I suspect that the public passing our cars at the shows, or when they are left for dead at lights, have something to say, good and bad.

still it waists two pages of the blog :)

Edited by knights_templar

• 3 weeks later...