Cyl Head /cam

Guest mower man

Guest mower man

Nearly decided what to use ,have got a good price on a fully reconned injection head but can't make my mind up about a cam , R31/32 ,newman? anyone got opinions or experience ,don't want a screamer but a 10/15 hp increase would be nice mick [ mower man]

if you're aiming for that sort of power increase, i'd go for the fr34, no more duration, but more lift so more torque across the rev range, and no loss of tractability.

RL32 is wild

RL31 with the right mods will push high 160 to mid 170's but won't fell like its moving till 4000rpm

It really needs 10.5 to 1 minimum and big inlet valves

FR32 would give at least 130bhp (15 to 20 over stock) possibly more on a stock injection head

I built a bottom end for the RL31 with an 8k red line

My original 2.1 with standard injection head and FR32 was very good

Edited by Snapperpaul

Guest mower man

Budget restraints limit spend unfortunatly ,if I get a reasonable boost I 'll be happy ,it could may be be done next winter mick p.s.thanks for all comments etc I think i now know where I 'm going

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest mower man

Moved on a bit! cam ordered Newman fast road cam new cam followers and uprated springs , head away ,porting job , 3 angle seats bronze guides u/leaded seats if not already reshape std valves reface inc manifold faces !mm head gskt lookig for 140 ish horses any comments? :crazy: mower man

Guest mower man

One of the reasons I chose it Rob, I under stand most of the reason Piper etc demand? you do it but in the years I've been at it I have never had to do it and as far as I know I've not had a cam failure .Newman reason that the material they use Chilled cast iron does not require the work hardening that others do ,ok you have to use the Newman followers with hard inserts but with a new cam followers realy are a must . we see how it goes mick :clapping: :crazy: :drinks: