Z20Let In A 2B

steve_wilson

• 11 months later...

cant believe this has almost been a year since my last post!

progress has been made since i last posted on this, wiring is almost complete, all the plumbing has been done, i've remade all the interior panels (gearbox tunnel and so on), complete new wiring loom, redone all the brake lines, fitted a new radiator from a civic, the list feels endless!

starting to look like a car again!

will post some pictures up over the weekend, hopefully will be able to go for the first start in the next couple of weeks! :D

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

well i was a bit ambitious in thinking the first tat was only a cou of weeks way in m previous post!! :D

Tried yesterday for the first start and failed, left the battery on charge over night and decided to revisit this morning.

Despite this failure, everything else looked promising. Oil pressure looked good and so on.

Had another go this morning and I was getting some kick back on the starter motor which made me think the ignition timing was out.

However when I looked into it using the Data Logger in the software I could see the VR signal was very erratic, which suggested I'd wired the VR sensor the wrong way round, simple fix.

VR signal was now fine but now I wasn't getting a spark at all, turned out to be a dodgy connection on the fusebox (my fault) so again another easy fix and then went for the start up.

Couple of seconds turning over and it fired into life! Sounds a little rough at the moment however I'm still dead chuffed!

Big thanks to Steve in Stockport and Ben Copeland for helping me this far, would have been quite a struggle without your guiding hands!

Edited by steve_wilson