Roof Box Or Trailer Or Tow It To The Shows?

speedtripledan

Getting worried about the up coming show season with my mev, its as about as practical as a chocolate teapot on a hot day.

I see 3 options

1, get a small trailer and tow the mev to the shows behind my pug coupe,

2, make a roof box frame and add a roofbox

3, put a tow bar on the mev and tow a little trailer with my camping gear in..

i like option 1 the most but don,t want to pay full price to get into the shows option 2 is second as i could still drive normal pace to the shows option 3 is the easist and cheapest to achieve

What to do??

Guest alfaGTA

it's hardly worth the effort messing about this year Dan, just bring the pug and you'll work out what camping gear will fit so next year when you have morphed your pug into a prancing horse replica you'll know what will fit and what won't..... Or ask a friend or two to cart some stuff for you ;)

Guest Alan_builder

Option 3.

I now have a tow bar on the 2B. Tried boxes on the side and rear, 2 up one to many.

I am not sure if the Mev is to it? so change the kit car and keep the Pug.

The mev will be changed at some point towards the end of this season if i can sell it for the right money, I under no circumstances will i ruin my coupe with a nasty Ferrari kit on it, if it dont go as well as it looks then i aint driving it!

Mark have you seen how much stuff i take to shows? + beer kegs for you thirsty lot

Simple solution Dan.

Chuck all your kit in Nick's Landy.

Borrow Richards' trailer and have Nick tow you to the shows.

Couple of miles short of the show, unload the car and drive into show (free admission for ya)

Nick follows with Landy & trailer & beer & stuff.

Can load up and travel back home when finished to suit.

Simples

Simple solution Dan.

Chuck all your kit in Nick's Landy.

Borrow Richards' trailer and have Nick tow you to the shows.

Couple of miles short of the show, unload the car and drive into show (free admission for ya)

Nick follows with Landy & trailer & beer & stuff.

Can load up and travel back home when finished to suit.

Simples

thats the best idea yet :clapping:

The mev will be changed at some point towards the end of this season if i can sell it for the right money, I under no circumstances will i ruin my coupe with a nasty Ferrari kit on it, if it dont go as well as it looks then i aint driving it!

Mark have you seen how much stuff i take to shows? + beer kegs for you thirsty lot

If you leave your makeup table and walk in wardrobe at home we should have space, don't forget your not in the westy anymore so you don't need to carry a 205l drum of oil anymore

Hi Dan,

Sounds like a plan is hatching- if it doesn't work out there is a bloke not too far from you who runs a break down truck /recovery transport business,(Mad Mark - nothis real name obviously!) he has a Jago Sami which he drags to shows on his truck with a caravan on the back, it is a fact that the car has done more miles on truck than the roads :D :D he may be able to fit you on something.

atb

Mike