Rear Fog Light

Guest JammyJim

What colour was the dipped beam wire at the headlights then?

You should have something like red for side lights, blue/white for main beam and blue/red for dip beam plus an earth.

I still think that the side light relay you shown is wrong, you should need a relay for dip beam, where is it?

Les

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue/white and blue/red sounds like a Vicky Green loom and they are dip and main beam wires.

Did you build the car?

Looking at the diagram which is good and gives ideas what is happening.

Where does the red/white on the left from the fog switch go? It looks as if it goes to the side lights. If it does it's wrong. If it does go to the sidelights cut it and tape up the ends.

What about the red/black from 87 on relay 2? Where does that go? Sidelights? If so cut it and tape up the ends also. Don't worry about the sidelights at the moment. We can fix them later if they are now not working.

There are three wires on 87 on relay 2? Yes? Red/blue. Red/black(which you will cut and tape) Another? Red/Blue to the other headlight? Or What?

The red/white to the fog switch and the red/black to the relay2 are wrong. It looks like your car is wired to take sidelight feeds from the headlight relays and your fogs can be backfed through these when just the sidelights are on.

If I was you and still up I would go out to the garage and cut that red/white from the fog switch and the red/black from relay 2 right now. Tape them up so they can't short on the bodywork and see what happens. There's a good chance it will solve the problem of fogs on with sidelights. Also a good chance the sidelights will work fine as they should be supplied from elsewhere.

Nigel

Your father would give you a clip round the ear Simon, & probably in all 4 tongues Farther indeed.

Dooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

As I said, I'm not the English expert, nor spelling, or grammar, and you are right, I deserve the clip around the ear.

but I do have little knowledge of IVA 8)

Guest Jonnyround2003

Thanks Nigel will have a go tomorrow red white is side lights will let you know how I get on iv done allot but not the light wiring you are Wright about they have used the same relay for side lights and headlights thanks for your help I'll try the red and black

Guest Jonnyround2003

Red black is side lights the blue white on relay 1 and blue red is on relay 2 for the main lights I think this I think is the problem Nigel ?

Edited by Jonnyround2003

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Johns BIL

a lot of advise, but, at the risk of being "unpopular", after double checking the IVA manual, it is only necessary for the fog light to work with dip, OR main, but who would use main in fog?

so if we can not use the brown black link wire, we can simply take a feed from the output of the dip beam relay and run it to the fog light switch.

If you have your rear fog switch on then turn on your dipped heads, will your rear fogs come on?

Guest Jonnyround2003

Yep all sorted took a live feed black and red from main beam to fog switch now sorted doesn't work on dipped any more just emissions to sort out then book back in to IVA

You might want to change that around so that it DOES work on Dipped headlights and not on main beam.

After all, you would not be using main beam in fog anyway and that means that your fog light was also not working on dipped.

Simon.

Guest Jonnyround2003

Fogs not aloud to work with side lights only main beam and full beam for IVA test ? Sorry

Edited by Jonnyround2003