Rear Fog Light

Guest JammyJim

Jon,

Having read this thread and the other thread a few times it appears you have the later type stalks indicated by the Brown/Black link wire which will make the relays -ve switched. Going by your colour wires I think you may have the Vicky Green loom in your car, that is why it is causing problems with people giving you advise.

If it is a Vicky Green loom you should have 2x Blue/White wires coming off terminal 87 on the main beam relay and 2x Blue/Red wires coming off terminal 87 on the dip relay which you haven't shown. Your diagram shows a relay for the side lights should this not be the relay for dip beam?

What is the colour of the wire going from the fog switch to the fog light (is it Blue/yellow)?

Les

Edited by Les Welsher

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a lot of advise, but, at the risk of being "unpopular", after double checking the IVA manual, it is only necessary for the fog light to work with dip, OR main, but who would use main in fog?

so if we can not use the brown black link wire, we can simply take a feed from the output of the dip beam relay and run it to the fog light switch.

Have to disagree with your interpretation there, the relevent line says

The rear fog lamp(s) must only illuminate when dipped beam, main beam or front fog lamps are lit

That says to me they must work when dipped OR main OR front fogs are lit.

Edited by theduck

Guest Jonnyround2003

Hi les yes I do have two blue and white and two blue and red they go in 87 but the two blue and white are in one relay and the other relay has red and blue not sure about the colour of the wire to the fog switch I can find out please tell me you have a solution pleeeeese

At the moment I have two live 12 volt feeds to the fog switch one from full main beam and the other from side lights ! But then don't get put together they go to a relay first that cuts the fog switch off after ignition is turned off to stop the fog light coming back on when ignition is turned on something I had to ad on for Iva but ignor this its not anything to do with the problem i have .

This COULD be you problem, the cartek relay should have main beam and dip beam to it NOT side lights.

post-180-0-35952100-1424557420_thumb.jpg

You need to replace the side light wire to that relay with the a wire from dipped beam (low beam in diagram) to head lights.

Les

Edited by Les Welsher

So you agree, dip OR main

Sorry, maybe I didn't word that well, but I meant that whenever the Dipped are lit, rear fogs should work, whenever the main beam are lit, rear fogs should work, and if fitted, whenever the front fogs are lit, rear fogs should work.

You need to find the wire that goes to the dip beam in the headlights ( what ever colour it is) I think it is Blue/Red, splice into this and feed the low beam on the cartek relay with it. If it means taking out the headlight to find the colour wire for dip beam then that's what you need to do.

Les

Edited by Les Welsher

Sorry, maybe I didn't word that well, but I meant that whenever the Dipped are lit, rear fogs should work, whenever the main beam are lit, rear fogs should work, and if fitted, whenever the front fogs are lit, rear fogs should work.

to be fair it is down to the interpretation of the written word, and the use of English.

"The rear fog lamp(s) must only illuminate when dipped beam, main beam or front fog lamps are lit"

says to me the rear fog light must work with either dipped, main or fog

if they required dipped and main would it not read

"The rear fog lamp(s) must only illuminate when dipped beam and main beam, or front fog lamps are lit"

regrettably, my expert, my farther, an English literature teacher, and expert in Greek, Latin and Anglo Saxon, passed away last year, so can not check the English, but I do know a couple of testers and their interpretation is as mine, I can not say that all testers will agree.

perhaps it is worth builders talking with their proposed test centre to confirm their interpretation.