Hayabusa In A Westie

Guest mark little

Guest mark little

hello again,

just wondering if anyone has put a big bike engine in their car, the xflow in mine apparently is'nt very healthy, engine knocking and oil coming out of the rear crank seal, I've got the option of a hyabusa engine, is it to much power for a pre lit or is it as I hope, some serious fun, please let me know what you think as I am totally new to this and your input and advice is greatly appreciated.

cheers mark

hello again,

just wondering if anyone has put a big bike engine in their car, the xflow in mine apparently is'nt very healthy, engine knocking and oil coming out of the rear crank seal, I've got the option of a hyabusa engine, is it to much power for a pre lit or is it as I hope, some serious fun, please let me know what you think as I am totally new to this and your input and advice is greatly appreciated.

cheers mark

my prelit had a 240bhp v8 torque monster the busa would be nothing compared to that, only problem i had was the rear axle trying to twist its self off the car when changing gear under heavy throttle which was a torque related thing, my r1 mev with bike engine is great fun but not the easist of things to drive needs the tits reving off it all the time and clutch is very on or off so difficult not to stall.. Bleeping good fun thou being in a car reving to 13500 rpm 8)

whilst you can prob get away with it as you aren't going through IVA you might still want a reverse box (a requirement i believe for iva). These are pretty expensive. You'll also need a custom prop, gear shifter and engine mounts.

did see a tiger fitted with 2 hyabusa engines one driving front and one driving rear. did 0-60 in 2.8 seconds! until Tiff needel (i think) put a con rod through the side of one.

Going from Crossflow to Hyabusa is a big step

I suggest you have a few rides before you commit

There are lots of discussions CEC Vs BEC

The Hyabusa is a very expensive BEC conversion

R1 cheaper and still very very quick

Zetec will just about slot in replacing the Crossflow

Guest Alan_builder

What you propose is used on race tracks.

You have to rev the Nu*s off any bike engine, can sound good but it gets tiring on longer runs, not what you want in a fast tourer.

So the answer is, can you afford the insurance and what do you want to do with the car?