Build Photo's

Guest Ben Conning

Guest Ben Conning

Hi,

We are preparing for our iva test and understand we need build photographic evidence.

Is there anyone out there with build photos of a red zero with a zetec engine? Your help would be appreciated.

Regards

Ben

I can't believe you've got no photos if you've been building the car for over 12 months? As an alternative, reciepts in your name for parts you purchased would probably suffice to prove amateur build status to the DVLA.

For the IVA, you don't have to take photos along, it just makes it a bit easier for the examiner to see things that might otherwise be difficult to check. Using photos from someone else's build could be opening a whole can of worms and tbh, asking for them might be considered a bit cheeky.

Lad's the photo's I think will be to prove amatuer build status. This is a requirement when submitting for the IVA test data, not actually the test. I had an issue on the old SVA when even though I sent in over 50 photo's they said there was insufficient data to prove amatuer build, so I had to send in another load as well to make them happy. :db:

If it was to take along to the test to prove build items (such as handbrake, seat belt mounts etc) then definately could open up a can of worms. 8)

Lad's the photo's I think will be to prove amatuer build status. This is a requirement when submitting for the IVA test data, not actually the test. I had an issue on the old SVA when even though I sent in over 50 photo's they said there was insufficient data to prove amatuer build, so I had to send in another load as well to make them happy.

I'd guessed why he wanted them which is why I suggested using reciepts because you can't build a car without buying stuff. It seems strange to me that you'd build a car and not have any photos??

For my IVA application I sent about 20 photos and maybe 10 reciepts for some of the larger value items.

is there any dvla guidance as to what constitutes sufficient evidence?

DVLA and guidance? You did say that as a joke didn't you?

• Like 3

Guest ollie chapman

Hi, I know one thing - I failed on, amongst other things - the fact that the inspector could not see the bolts used for the seatbelt mountings as the seats didn't move forward. I had to take out the seats and take some pics, then refasten the seats in. He accepted these pics. Plus it's not DVLA it's VOSA and they are two different orgs. My inspector didn't look much at my album of snaps. He was more interested in the donor documents, ie V5, Engine date of manufacture and number - obtainable through Ford - properly filled in documentation, etc. There's a guy on the site here who does it for a reasonable fee, sorts out all the paperwork etc. Best way to go. I'll pm you my IVA snagsheet - it took three goes - so there might be some pointers to watch out for. Plus get the IVA requirements download from VOSA. Cheers. Ps And join the club too. best £15 you'll spend for a mine of information from friendly Hoods. :good:

I had photos (on my camera with me) but I was never asked to show them.

I think if you appear confident on the day of the test (and the car looks good of course) then these are less likely to be asked for.

Asking for someone else's photos though would be a definite no-no as they would not match your car and would very likely involve you in some serious investigation trouble. :)

Simon.