Bleeding Brakes

biksz

has any one got an easy way of bleeding brakes i have got alot of air in them and cant seem to shift it.i have tried unbolting at joints but no success as yet thinking of getting one of them one way valves any one got ideas?

I've had issues with air in the master cylinder so fitted bleed nies in the master where the brake pipes to front and rear go

Bleed the master

Refitted short front pipe and did a light bleed to the caliper

Repeated second front and bled fronts fully

Bleed master rear circuit

Fit rear brake pipe bleed rear wheels closes to T piece first

2 people are needed but it will get a firm pedal

If you don't get a firm pedal when master is fitted with 3 bleed nipples you have a faulty master cylinder

Guest craig38

If new master it may need bench bleeding first, i made some short pipes up that went from master cyl back to master res,it did the trick for me,make sure pipes ar submerged in fluid at all time,u will see the air in fluid res if thats the problem hope this helps

Guest Alan_builder

An Easibleed kit makes it a one man job, and the use of slit tube with a blocked end but this is a luxury and helps get the waste oil in a disposal container..

Please check your front calipers and rear are on the correct side. Mechanically they will fit either side. The bleed nipple must be at the top so the pipe to the bottom. Same for drums. A mistake often made.

I can't remember having a problem as Craig38 identifies.

If you don't know. The Easibleed uses air from the spate tire to pressurize the system from the top of the resovior. Bleed from the shortest run first and work your way up to the longest.

You can always ask for a home call and get the biscuits out.

been looking at the eezibleed but never used one so was not sure just use to rely on the good old foot work but may invest in eezibleed but not much call for brake bleeding on cars i do usualy.will get some bleed nipples and try the master cylinder bleed first thanks for all answers some ideas i not eard of but willing to try

I used an eezibleed when building my Zero. Initially I had made the mistake of fitting the caliper the wrong way up (nipple down instead of up - doh!!!). Using the eezibleed it took me about 10 minutes to get all the air out of the system. 12 months on the road and the brakes are still perfect.

• 10 months later...

If new master it may need bench bleeding first, i made some short pipes up that went from master cyl back to master res,it did the trick for me,make sure pipes ar submerged in fluid at all time,u will see the air in fluid res if thats the problem hope this helps

Pardon my stupidity, but I do not understand how/why a new master cylinder would need bleeding separately. I would have expected that bleeding at the calipers would clear any air in both the MC and lines. I guess I am just frustrated as I have bled my lines every which way, and am reluctant to undo the connections to the MC. I am already doing laps in the spilt fluid...:-( The MC is the "new Ford Sierra Brake Master Cylinders have 3 outlets, 2 to the front brakes and 1 to the rear brakes". It shouldn't be this hard!