Dvla Inspection?

Guest coops222

Guest coops222

hi guys,

my car passed its iva in december, but waited till last week to register it because i wanted it taxed from 1st april.

i took all paperwork and payments to dvla for the reg, now they reckon ive got to get it inspected by the dvla so they can check the vin numbers.... dont they trust vosa who have already checked the details when i had the iva?

also they say on the letter that it cannot be driven to the inspection even though its been insured and could be driven to the iva!.. this isnt a problem for me as i have a trailer... but what a *bleep* about!!

also its on 11th of april which means another half day off work and losing half a months tax. :aggressive:

Welcome to the wonderful world of incompetent government departments AKA: DVLA and VOSA. Two hands of the same department, neither knows or trusts what the other is doing.

:diablo: :aggressive:

You should find the build up inspection will take no more than 5 mins. They just want to check documentation match's VIN and engine numbers, not trusting VOSA. If you push them and wait around they can usually issue a regisation there and then. If not it will take a few weeks by post.

And yes I had the same issue about driving my car, but managed to use some "Trade plates" for the run across 8)

Have you got to take it to a DVLA office were you went for the registration or can you take it to any DVLA test station,and why could you not take it to your local MOT station?? Paul who presented your car for IVA//

Guest Alan_builder

Why did you take so long Bob?

I came home from SVA at Yeading via DVLA in Reading, collected my tax disc and No plate authorization, on the way home.from SVA.

Collected the No Plates and fitted the next day.

I just guess some of don't want to drive their cars in a hurry.

And Yes, DVLA was on the way home if I didn't use motorways.

"DVLA and VOSA. Two hands of the same department, neither knows or trusts what the other is doing."

2 different departments

VOSA is an Agency owned by a German company working for the UK and conserved with vehicle safety

DVLA is owned by the Government and concerned with vehicle registration and tax collecting

Yes a lot could be done by VOSA and possibly will be when the DVLA local offices are closed

When closed we will have to deal with DVLA Swansea and I suggest it won't be any better than dealing with real people in the local office, probably faceless and more Bureaucratic

DVLA in birmingham collects your money and your forms and then you get nothing only a receipt for your money no forms for number plates no tax disc just advice that you might hear from swansea in about a couple of weeks,so it just goes to prove all offices dont adopt the same policies so Alan-builder was very lucky

I didn't have the "build up" inspection from the DVLA office in Sheffield when I got my plates and tax from. Issued right there and then (well, after a bit of hassle :) )

The issue with the "Phantom car" seems to have finally been resolved as I have heard nothing more about that. :)

Simon.